• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how do you convert a DVDrip into .mpg or .avi ?

carlito

I made a short film for my film class and my teacher put it onto DVD.

My brother then ripped it onto my computer, but not as a single file. It came out as having directories (AUDIO_TS, PDVD_RT, VIDEO_TS) and files with extensions such as .bup, .ifo, .vob, etc.

Is there some program which can just convert all that into one file? (.avi or .mpg perhaps?)

hey carlito ssup buddy u can convert all these files using the divx player which is available at download.com and selevt all the .vob files... cheers..!

Problem

Dean said:

I installed AutoGK but when I go to put in the input directory it comes up with

Error parsing input directory. Make sure you used DVDDecrypter in IFO mode to rip a DVD.

I guess my brother mustn't have ripped it how they want it to be ripped.

Is there another way to do this ???

amish said:
hey carlito ssup buddy u can convert all these files using the divx player which is available at download.com and selevt all the .vob files... cheers..!

Can you perhaps tell me a bit more? I downloaded DivX player with the Pro Trial and I can open .VOB files but once u open them how do you CONVERT them into .avi or whatever ?

It sounds like this may just be a normal DVD you want to crack :p Either way, use DVD decrypter and a program like convert DVD to AVI, search www.download.com, they have some good one's.

I tried to do it with a normal DVD, directly from the DVD. I don't have any free space to rip onto the hard disk first. It seemed to work, but for some reason the audio was out of sync. This was even though I said to use the original AC3 instead of converting to MP3. So I was wondering whether that was the cause.

Haven't seen this topic for a year, or the user that posted first in it.
I don't think they still need are help, i would have given up by now tbh.

BEN-MR

Back