• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do so many people get cpanel?

KinXen

What I mean is how do many of the webhosting people host cpanel for other people? Dont the webhosting people have to pay for it or is there a free version of it that I dont know about?

usually the people that host cpanel have paid hosting and free hosting. the paid hosting pays for cpanel

there is no free version unless it is illegal

Webhosting companies have to buy a license to cpanel. This generally costs around $35.00/month.

Kindest Regards,
Goodydomains.com Support

You can get cPanel and WHM licenses with the boxes usually for only about $10 for cPanel. If they don't come included, you must pay the cPanel license.

What I mean is how do many of the webhosting people host cpanel for other people? Dont the webhosting people have to pay for it or is there a free version of it that I dont know about?

As others have said above, web hosts do have to pay for it. It is one of the many costs of running a hosting service. :)

KinXen said:

You must be thinking of WHM to create the cPanel accounts though.

Unless a host owns a server, most get them from their reseller, for free. One-Time cPanel licenses are around $1250. It seems like a lot, but its worth it.

Tree NC said:
Unless a host owns a server, most get them from their reseller, for free. One-Time cPanel licenses are around $1250. It seems like a lot, but its worth it.

Not really, because you still need to pay for support/upgrades

Back