• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do i get started?!!

Johnny27

I would like to start making money from a webpage, but i need to get started. First .. where should i make a page ... using what site?? ...Then when I build my page, where do I get the ads to pu on it to make money off off???? ... Someone please help!! Thankss

here's your way to glorious riches (... it'll kick in for me anytime now... like another year or 5 :D)

1. Create a 'sticky' site. This'll get you the traffic you need. Sure, you could create a page full of paid links, but who'll want to visit that?
2. Once you have some decent traffic, move to a paid host and get yourself a domain name (you could start with this, of course, although you'll loose some money at first. Worth it if you ask me, but your choice)
3. Once you've got, say 5000 visitors (or even pageviews) per month (if you don't know, you could get stats at thecounter.com or nedstatbasic.com or stats4all.com) come back here and ask again. You could add ads before that, but it's not really worth it...

StandardInternet.com seems a good choice for most people...
cj.com is still attractive even though they dropped their click program.

Sure that cow and that russian fella will give you some more options... If not, someone else will.

Im sorry but where should i make my site ... places like webhostme.com? You have any more choices ...maybe mine is a bad one??.. thanks

Johnny27 --

I hate to be the one to burst the bubble your living in, but:

* Webmasters that are making money from their sites did not, for the most part, make them to make money. They started as hobbies, things they enjoyed doing, then grew into full time jobs. You can't just jump onto the wagon into a pile of hundred dollar bills.

* The dot-com-gold rush is over. This applies to you also. If your going to make money online, you actually have to work for it. Back in, oh say, 97 you could make a geocities.com website, slap a banner on it and make a few bucks. Now you would barely make 10 cents a month, if lucky.

* Creating a web site is not a 10 minute thing. I, personably, and the other people at dkAds spent and spend many hours working on our site... And our site is small. Big sites take lots and lots of time to work on, and its not always very fun -- sometimes there are problems that are taking forever to fix, and frankly I don't know if you have what it takes.

* Finaly: you seem to be a bit computer illiterate. I strongly suggest you learn HTML, the basics of FTP and some decent web scripting language like Perl or PHP before you create a site.

Either way, best of luck. I wish the best for you, so, once again, good luck,
Dan

Thanks Dan

Thanks for all that info! .. I really think your right, I'm not ready to make a a big site and by the time i do i probably wont make more than what i can find in a couch! LoL... Its just .. im 15 and neeeeeed a job and i was tryi to ook into this and see if i can make anything!... Thanks for ur help

John

Originally posted by lastactionhero
me too thinking that
Oh that must be Czar! LOL :D
I can't stop laughing! :D
Czar is Australian not Russian
I know Czar is an aussie, but a Czar is a Russian person nonetheless. Besides, Moo's an aussie too! Almost as if Aussies are taking over!

We are taking over indeed... beware...! :D

Johnny - You may be 15, but that doesn't mean you can't make money on here. If you were to say, work on a website for the same amount of time you would work at a part time job... you could probably make just as much, if not more.

But, then again, you could end up making nothing at all... but theres always that chance ;-)

Johnny27 --
For one of those sites you have to do one of two things: Get very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very lucky, or work your butt off and hope for some good luck, which is basically the first option, but with more work...

I think I just smashed whats left of any ambition in you, sorry =(

I am sorry

But ANYONE who buys Ginsu is retarded

They have filed for backruptcy TWICe, and will likely do the same again

:p

Hello Johnny,
I'm a 15 year old also and I'm starting a site...well, several with my pal Josh in Miami. Trust me kid, you can do it. I know I'm surely trying.

Why don't you make web design in your area? Maybe a $10.00 - $20.00 bucks offer for each web page for the first clients. Visit some stores and small business around your community.

Is not too much money, but that's enough to start buying your own domain. Then pay your host anually. There are a few webhost with good prices on the forums.

You have to work a lot on web sites, don't leave them there for months without changes. People stop visiting these pages.

YO

Im just 14, and am doing some webdesign. my site is at www24.brinkster.com/adizlaja/website.htm it will be on a better domain soon..ihope heh. game fugitive btw r u sellign stuff already?

Back