• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How come the glass slippers

LeX

ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
NLC
Just saw deeplist post an image:
Prince-William-Kate-and-Cinderella-disney-princess-21647042-469-550.jpg

And suddenly wondered, the glaring, 800-pound-gorilla-in-the-room plot hole that I have never noticed or thought about twice.
In Disney's Cinderella, how come after 12 o'clock midnight, everything magically transformed turns back to its original state, with the sole exception of the glass slippers?

Uhh....... I know you did. In fact, that's why I cited in the very first paragraph the source of the image, and the corresponding poster.

It's not so much the reason behind the unexplainable plot, but rather the question why we took the clearly illogical glass slippers for granted.
I mean, how many of you have ever realized that, by the logic of the movie, the glass slippers shouldn't have remained after midnight.
In fact, I'm sure some people only realized it now, after pointing it out.
Personally, I find it amusing, and it reflects on how humans in general are so easily deceived, and in turn, manipulated.

But honestly, I was hoping not have to post that. It ruins the thread.
It was meant to be a food for thought type of thing, taken lightly.
Are you always this bitter?

It's entertainment. How can the mice talk? Why is it that almost every cartoon ever created has anthropomorphic animals in it? It's all part of the story. If everything remained constant, then the storyline would have been ruined.

Watch the southpark ep "Royal wedding"!

Also I agree with the foot fetish idea but I think the writer had a foot fetish.

I just think we are over analyzing things, though I agree. Why didn't they change -_-

There needs to be a mafia style remake of Cinderella where the Fairy Godmother is a female sicilian mob boss trying to hook up her homely goddaughter with the heir of the Gambino outfit.

There needs to be a mafia style remake of Cinderella where the Fairy Godmother is a female sicilian mob boss trying to hook up her homely goddaughter with the heir of the Gambino outfit.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ben again.

It's entertainment. How can the mice talk? Why is it that almost every cartoon ever created has anthropomorphic animals in it? It's all part of the story. If everything remained constant, then the storyline would have been ruined.

If I was questioning by the rules of real life, I won't even have gotten to asking about the slippers. I would have stopped at the word "magic".

You're missing the point, but whatever.

Ben, send your script to the studios NOW.

LeX, it is nice one! I like the similarity.

Well, it is only the entertainment to entertain us. After listening or watching, can just forget about it.

It's a plot device. Plot devices don't obey their own canon otherwise none of them would survive long enough to be relevant to the story.

that could work, but, i am not supposed to announce that i am secretly running the Gambino family, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. ah sh!t, i just spilled the marinara. (instead of the beans, im italian dammit, not mexican) better go hide out and change my identity before the FBI comes across this.

that could work, but, i am not supposed to announce that i am secretly running the Gambino family, waiting for the opportune moment to strike. ah sh!t, i just spilled the marinara. (instead of the beans, im italian dammit, not mexican) better go hide out and change my identity before the FBI comes across this.
What's happenin Mr. Gotti!!

Back