• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

how can i get a domain name for my webspace?

First you need to find a domain registrar to open an account with. Do you have a domain in mind yet? I'd recommend www.namecheap.com as it is a bit easier for a new domainer to navigate. Once you have an account, search for the domain name you want and that will tell if it is available and prompt you on how to buy it :)

This is a pretty common question around here from newbies so I think I may do a an audio tutorial on this subject on my SnapVine webmaster blog.
My audio blog is in my sig.

Last edited:
Firstly, you should find a domain registrar to open an account with. .com, .org and .net extension are the most reputable. A short, descriptive and memorable domain may just be immense profit in your hands. Secondly, the domain should describe your product, brand, or service, so to say, the content of your website.
Thirdly, you should increase the page rank of your site to get more traffic in your site.
Good luck!

I don't know if you've already registered a domain by this time, but if you haven't: top5hosting.com offers 1000Mb hosting included with every domain name you register.

You will also get all the top hosting features you can get at the big companies, and friendly support 7 days a week. We will even advise you on getting your website up and running etc.

Whatever you decide, good luck with your Internet ventures!

John.

www.top5hosting.com - the home of budget hosting since 2000

You need:
1. domain name
2. web hosting account
On domain name registrar's account change name servers according to your web host. On web hosting account add domain name.
Upload content on your web hosting account.
Wait max 72 hours and enjoy.

Back