• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How about hostgator

I've had a good month at HostGator, i simply won't be using it again, the support is fantastic, but the downtime, hmm a couple of minutes each day when im on, god knows when i'm not on, what the hell goes on.

Support : 9/10
Hosting: 6/10
img3.jpg

Not bad, prices are good too.
I'd be careful though.

By the way, i still have a hostgator account if you wanna see the speed and test. drop me a pm.

- TaiLZ.

I used hostgator for 2 years now and their support has been perfect! I suggest you sign up to them right away!

They're quite good in overall.

Maybe they are not the best, but there are worse companies than they are for sure.

It wasn't spamming. I think if your looking at a business and asking for opinions you should take the bad ones too. Here is the site:

http://www.hostgator-sucks.com/

I would have to say that they have a very high turn over rate by searching for reviews.

**Just to mention also that years back we were a hostgator customer with a reseller account. The site stayed down more than it stayed up.

Hostgator hosts nearly half million domains(stats from thirdparty) and it is natural that they have few unsatisfied customes. But from what I understand, a vast majority of the customers are happy about them and they are one of the best hosts I have tried in my career.(have been associated with around 20, as a freelance developer, working for clients from all over US and europe)

WTF @ 2 year bumping :|
Yea lol, anyways I also used HostGator a while ago when I first started and they were great. What I loved most was the free bonuses they gave with every purchase. For example, with my reseller package, I got WHMCS, SiteBuilder, and something else.

yeah, I have a business account with them, and its awesome.

unlimited bandwidth and 1 TB of storage. They let pretty much put anything on your site as long as its legal and not viruses and crap like that.

Was a bit rockey start off at first but now that I have most of my problems fixed its nice really.

9.5/10 is how I would rate it currently.

there are a few small issues that keep me from giving it full marks, and also things i have yet to test, like streaming a full sized movie or anime episode (something around 175 to 400 mbs) and the web stats.

The support staff is top notch, got replies with in an hour almost always.

The only thing i dislike is that they have the php max upload setting locked and wont change it from 64megs, makes a bit more work for me by having to ftp my larger files up to their server to get it to my site.

for only 14.95 a month (if you buy a new domain it costs about 10 bucks a year for it) cant really go wrong.

there are a few small issues that keep me from giving it full marks, and also things i have yet to test, like streaming a full sized movie or anime episode (something around 175 to 400 mbs) and the web stats.

No shared host, no matter how oversold they are, will allow you to do that. (I can see you getting terminated pretty soon, with the size of files you're uploading, they'll see it as file storage - regardless of if it is or not.)

No shared host, no matter how oversold they are, will allow you to do that. (I can see you getting terminated pretty soon, with the size of files you're uploading, they'll see it as file storage - regardless of if it is or not.)

So far I am still there. I have uploaded several 175 to 300 meg files from a video capture and they have yet to say anything about it.

we will jus have to see, maybe not all shared hosters are equal? lol

and yes it is a shared account SeverPoint.

Honestly dont use them. They oversell and are to protected by there tos. it can cost you alot of money in agrivation.

My client runs a site that is quite incredibly complex, and receives a lot of traffic.

supports always been top notch and they've helped resolve many of my issues.

you can monitor and kill any processes that hang, it'll be hard for you to get a CPU termination.

I wouldn't use Hostgator. They are a crappy provider in my opinion, and they oversell a lot. Come on...Unlimited space and bandwidth? They fail.

Back