• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hotlinking and Decent speed

sHaWn

I'm looking for a free host that allows hotlinking or can hotlink without them knowing ;) and decent speed, only little space is needed.

I'm not hotlinking illegal material just some images I need for forums.

Thanks.

I have already tried Liquid2k.com, they work only SOMETIMES.

Last edited:
Without them knowing? No way to do it. Everytime an image is shown, it's logged. Once an image is requested from a different server too much, they are on to you. Many have programs in place that forcefully prevent that from being done..

Speaking as a free host myself, we forcefully disallow it. However, some do allow hotlinking for a mere few $$ per year. We have such a program, and I'm sure many others here do as well... You just have to ask around, and leave your options open. At least paying a few $$ per year gives you the security that your stuff wont suddenly be deleted one day for hotlinking.

I know it is logged, but not every host puts the effort to fight against hotlinking.

Paying for a host to host images that will be used with free services seems pretty ironic, but seems to be the only reliable route. I am not willing to part with any money right now.

Thanks.

Please give me some hosts.

Thanks alot, man.

I never tried Netfirms because they seemed to be a "big time" host and would catch on to me, but i'll see...

Keep em' comin.

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Hotlinking is actually against the law. If they wanted to, they could sue you. It's just as bad as theft.
hmm then why do paid host go against the law?

When you hotlink an image your stealing bandwidth from the freehost. When you DOS a server you are stealing bandwidth from it. Both can be done the same way... When you store an image on a server and it gets plugged on yahoo its as good as a DOS attack on your server. Its bandwidth thieft and could be considered ilegal. If your allowed to and have permision to then its not thieft. Its like borrowing a friends car if they let you its fine.. If you just go take a random car off the street its ilegal.

Back