• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostultra new 35meg storage, a question

we647

im an admin at a few boards and i post alot of the info i get from here and other places to these forums,

one of the posters was wondering exactly what belongs to them and what belongs to u after they signup, upload. than what do u do with that info.

---"35mb.com does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our web site or e-mail addresses. Please note that any information or material sent to 35mb.com or any of its related sites, services, or e-mail addresses will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending 35mb.com any information or material, you grant 35mb.com an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that 35mb.com is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose."---

Correct me if I'm wrong but basically this means whatever I put up there is free for 35Mb to do what they please with...?

<OFF TOPIC>

Quit bumping your own topics. :angry2: I think that after 50+ views if somebody really wanted to reply to your topic, they would have by now.

</OFF TOPIC>

why, the thread has merits. just like your does about popups,trying to dl exes in those popups,

do u own the stuff upload,even if its private? the way thats worded u wont. or are u a musican saving a great song. well host ultra in theory could glaim its thiers and sell it to someone else.

I think you will find many that have that. I remember there was a mass "walkout" from Geocities a couple of years ago. They appear to have modified it a bit now as I just checked
7. CONTENT SUBMITTED TO YAHOO GEOCITIES
Yahoo does not claim ownership of the Content you place on your Yahoo GeoCities Site. By submitting Content to Yahoo for inclusion on your Yahoo GeoCities Site, you grant Yahoo the world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your Yahoo GeoCities Site on Yahoo's Internet properties. This license exists only for as long as you continue to be a Yahoo GeoCities homesteader and shall be terminated at the time your Yahoo GeoCities Site is terminated.
If you get bored, take a look at the TOS of a few other hosts and see if they have something similar.

ive been waiting for a responce,to a legit question. so i could post back to my forums, jon posted other replys today so i guess and bypassed this one.
ill take down that thread. till i get a definate answers so i can reply to the posters that asked this question.

quote from MisterMan on 07/30/2002 at 01:31:05 AM:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uhhh.. I don't like this part of the fine print. I knew it sounded too good to be true.

---"35mb.com does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our web site or e-mail addresses. Please note that any information or material sent to 35mb.com or any of its related sites, services, or e-mail addresses will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending 35mb.com any information or material, you grant 35mb.com an unrestricted, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute those materials or information, and you also agree that 35mb.com is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send us for any purpose."---

Correct me if I'm wrong but basically this means whatever I put up there is free for 35Mb to do what they please with...?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks MisterMan, if it isn't for you, I will go sign up right away, but it seems that this web host is very nasty.

this is a standard terms of service that is used by most web hosts

currently we do nothing with the info you provide
except for checking for false accounts with fake names/addresses

i dont understand what the problem is here
if you dont agree to the terms dont sign up

thanks for the responce

thanks, ill post the info back.

just wonder in the future u might do something with that info?
currently we do nothing with the info you provide

Back