• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostonce.com??

You might try a search here in the forum and see if there is any feedback....I know there is at webhostingtalk.com
Try a search for company name there and past discussion will come up.

My cousin got hosted from them for about a week, they have a very strict user policy, bad technical support, and are down every now and then. Not to mention you should NEVER EVER trust a host with an unlimited plan! I would say go with DonHost lol

HostOnce is a FastHosts reseller.

Also they don't have unlimited bandwdith, the limit is 10gb.

Originally posted by Daniel
HostOnce is a FastHosts reseller.

Also they don't have unlimited bandwdith, the limit is 10gb.

Incorrect !

They use fastshosts as a Reseller plan and Dedicated Servers ... the 10GB limit was on NT accounts.

They also reseller for donhost :)

That is weird, How can they offer resseller plans if they are a reseller? Isn't that some kind of fraud? Since they don't own the servers. I would just say STAY AWAY!

What they do is advertise Donhost's reseller plans with a nice markup and when they get an order, they just order it from Donhost and pass it on. Acting as an intermediary the reseller can hide Donhost's involvement from their reseller. Of course an IP check would soon uncover all this but alot of people aren't that vigilant.

Not sure it's fraud, though. It's still reselling, I guess.

Originally posted by gackt
their deal sounds too good to be true. anyone know anything about them? thnx!

Thats because it is, I heard many people complain and say they got ripped by hostonce.

Originally posted by NexDog
What they do is advertise Donhost's reseller plans with a nice markup and when they get an order, they just order it from Donhost and pass it on. Acting as an intermediary the reseller can hide Donhost's involvement from their reseller. Of course an IP check would soon uncover all this but alot of people aren't that vigilant.

Not sure it's fraud, though. It's still reselling, I guess.

They have dedicated servers from fasthosts ......

Originally posted by NexDog
That explains it then. :D
#

Fasthosts are ok ... speed wise ... if your in the UK ....

Even though BT do have good peirings .. and what ever ..

Telewest doesn't ... so when BT is down ... your pretty much screwed ........

- Fasthosts offers "un-capped" data-transfer for each and every domain .... however its subject to a "high resources policy" ... which means basically .. once your site starts to cause problems .. on the server .. or use alot of bandwidth / data-transfer .. then we'll make the "higj resource policy" active ... and implement it .... thusforth ... if you host alot of domains .. and use alot of data-transfer ... fasthosts aint for you ... same for the resold accounts :)

Absolutely everyone seems to have bad experiences with Hostonce. I e-mailed them and still haven't had a reply a month later.

But tell me - surely this re-selling IS, if not fraud, at the very least a form of deception. None of these re-sellers tell you they are reselling, and you cannot possibly get as good a service from someone who is re-selling as if you went with a host who owns his own servers.

All retail businesses are reselling somebody else's product, but they don't claim they made it themselves. Why are resellers allowed to trade as though they own their own hosting equipment? I would not be happy if I found out my host was only a reseller.

How could I check this out?

I know alot of resellers that offer better customer service than the actual company they are reselling for :)

If you think about it unless every host owns their own server, lines and NOC they are reselling.

That's a fair point, and if the re-seller is good everybody is happy. If my host did turn out to be a re-seller it would not put me off because the service they have given me has been excellent. But I still feel that in principle re-sellers should be open about the fact so that their customers know.

We would all be happy at Myacen, RELIABLE, INEXPENSIVE, FAST, AND COMPATIBLE...what more do you need to know, they have got to be one of the best.

Back