• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostingExtreme notice!

trenzterra

NLC
Here's the good news from Jon:

"Hello,

I am very sorry for the delay in updates...

Ok some of you noticed lately that sometimes sites are slow and sometimes not even available. This was caused by people uploading images encoded with warez and pounding the server. I have taken steps to prevent them from doing this but nothing is perfect so we will see how it works out. Due to the increase in popularity I have setup a shorter and dedicated site for the free hosting.

I would like to ask you guys to move over to the new server...Please remember now that accounts must be hand approved to stop the warez. I have also raised the space limit to 500 Mb! Alot of you complained about java applets messing up but I have allowed those extentions to work now!

Coming very soon is my new file sharing service! It will be built right into the current hosting, so you will be able to ftp your files! You will know more once its ready :0)

Ok the site to signup is http://www.cdiweb.us

I will not remove the sites from the other server for 30 days...

To download your files from the other server to move to the new one please use ftp.fastplugin.com port 70 and your normal user/pass

Mysql databases on the way...Been working on the system to help me add them!

Ok hope everyone understands and also...Mainstream hosting is ad free for a little while ;0)

Jon"

Read it if you put in a bogus email on signup:devious2:

and hostingextreme can u posibly install the Perl Module MD5Passwd on the saturn server (project-linux.org's) ? thnx

Originally posted by gt14
i guess thats the only way hostingextreme contacts people now.

Its not like he can talk to 50 people at once through ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or whatever. Its just too hard. Email is the best way to deal with a mass amount of people

Originally posted by Vash
Its not like he can talk to 50 people at once through ICQ, AIM, MSN, Yahoo, or whatever. Its just too hard. Email is the best way to deal with a mass amount of people
In all fairness to gt14, hostingextreme has *conveniently* overlooked all similar posts in the threads, whilst replying to other posts above gt14s. I think in all fairness to both parties, hostingextreme should at least send a PM to say yay or nay to gt14. That way there won't be so many posts asking for an answer from him and he can move on.

I don't know about the HomeFree thing, but I do know that Hosting Extreme previously had the 5,000 file limit to keep the host from becoming abuse city. I guess now that he's implemented the "hand validation" thingie, he was able to increase the limit 20X.

hmmmmm

I spend 24/7 moving..why not the new site to begin with?

What I'm getting at..no offense....but most all free hosts here are just beta testers and keep tuned !!!!

Back