• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting Under $5 A Year

WKD

Looking for ANY host that will give me hosting for under $5 a year. Please post URLs only.

Thanks

<<Mod edit>>

When answering a request, you must include
1. The URL to the plan
2. The price
3. Describe or name the features that match the original request.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remind people of cyberwings offers, where are they now :confused:

Pay a little more and be ensured of uptime, and the host staying around longer :rolleyes:

the only reason I can offer hosting for $5 per year is that my bandwith costs are low, and you arent even getting that much for $5 anyway,
I think that its definitely possible to have a cheap host, aslong as they dont go overboard by offering unrealistic space and bandwith for low prices

hey jim

hey jim, can u reply to your pm or e-mails i sent you. need that info on how to use the 100 data bases besides the one installed one

Originally posted by jimcarter
the only reason I can offer hosting for $5 per year is that my bandwith costs are low, and you arent even getting that much for $5 anyway,
I think that its definitely possible to have a cheap host, aslong as they dont go overboard by offering unrealistic space and bandwith for low prices

What about support, software, server upgrades etc?

all money made from the hosting goes back into improving the servers with better hardware and software,
all the main packages are available with MySQL, PHP, CGI, JSP and everything else what you would expect from a normal webhost

there is such a host,
if you dont think that the service will be any good we can offer a 7 day money back guarantee just to prove you wrong :)

O.O That's a rather bad deal. I mean, you have to be willing to spend a bit more money if you want a decent host. For $5/year, you'll probably only get 50MB and a few mb of bandwith...which won't support anything like CGI, PHP, SSI, MySQL, etc.
$100/year sounds a lot more decent.

alright call me crazy but for $5 we will give you 50mb space and 1gig a month. better than giving away free hosting and this is a 1 person deal so dont everyone ask. you will recv php, perl, 1 mysql db, and either a subdomain or we will host your domain name. 1 ftp account and 1 email http://echoterra.com email me at mbennett@echoterra.com for this deal. there wont be any ads or banners or links back to our site either. like i said 1 person and 1 person only.

Offering $5 a year?? Man, any host offering that is reaching in desperation for business. That's as plain as day.. Even on RS with a $99/month server with 400 gigs bw...you'd have to have 238 accounts on that machine to make ends. With all that, you can only give each client 1.6 gigs of bw...if any go over, you go bust.

Do the math. There's such things as "percieved value". You lose a lot of potential customers on your site visits simply because you are way too low priced. I will tell you this, no host with less than 20 posts on their forums is going to tell me differently...you dont have the experience to realize what you are getting yourself into by doing this.. $5/month hosts go under all the time, I can promise you a $5/yr host stands no chance if it remains like it is. Do yourself a favor, raise your rates to cover costs and offer good support. That's all you need to succeed in getting a good base of customers.

like i said this 1 person and thats it. no more no less we have plenty of other paying customers just trying to help some people out. i remember a while ago i didnt have alot of money and looked for a good value or free myself and now i operate a profittable business 1 or 2 people will be fine.

Originally posted by Webdude
Offering $5 a year?? Man, any host offering that is reaching in desperation for business. That's as plain as day.. Even on RS with a $99/month server with 400 gigs bw...you'd have to have 238 accounts on that machine to make ends. With all that, you can only give each client 1.6 gigs of bw...if any go over, you go bust.

Do the math. There's such things as "percieved value". You lose a lot of potential customers on your site visits simply because you are way too low priced. I will tell you this, no host with less than 20 posts on their forums is going to tell me differently...you dont have the experience to realize what you are getting yourself into by doing this.. $5/month hosts go under all the time, I can promise you a $5/yr host stands no chance if it remains like it is. Do yourself a favor, raise your rates to cover costs and offer good support. That's all you need to succeed in getting a good base of customers.

oh yeah and btw we offer second to none support. we debuted our new hosting service this friday and with a rackshack server $99 per month for 40gb hdd and 400gb transfer, at $1 per 100mb and 1gb thats $400 which equals $300 profit although you will never fill a server completely up. and we offer more than support forums and encourage our customers to contact us via im, help desk or email b4 forums. like i said $5 a year for one person isnt gonna hurt our business plan our our customer base. with our prices low on our site we attract customers to try our service and if things dont work out then its no big loss either way. but i will tell you there have been more satisfied customers than unsatisfied. and word of mouth advertising is the best. i under that webdude you started and currently manage one of the top paid hosts in my eyes as i was with you guys for a few months b4 but if our current business plan does not match yours then why should you knock us. if we fail we fail if not then there will be a little more competiton for you and the rest. since our new service starting we have seen a steady rise in new accts. and we will be running grand openning specials all month long. to attract even more clients.

I can host you for $5 per year I give you.

1mb of space
2mb of bandwidth/year
ftp account(5 second time-out)

Nothing else.

Back