• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting For Linux Distro [LinuxShark]

dl2fast

Hi,
I Am The Founder And Owner Of LinuxShark . Which is A Linux Distro ... And I Am Looking For Hosting For Download Mirrors .

Each Mirror Will Hold A Max Of About 5 GB Of Storage.

As It Is A Free Project/Open Source ... I Was Looking For Some Sponsors.. Who Could Give Me Hosting For Free...

If You Give Me The Hosting For Free I Will Put 2 Banners On The LinuxShark Site Home Page of Your Choice.

I Am looking For These Specs :
5 GB+ Storage
500 GB+ Bandwidth
cPanel
10 Of Each Feature.

The Current LinuxShark Site Is Here :
www.linuxshark.info

Please Support Us By Giving Us Hosting For Free And We Will Put 2 Banners Of Your Choice On The Home Page Of LinuxShark.

Thanks,
Dl2fast

Hi dl2fast :)
I would like to direct you to a few people who might be able to do the hosting for you .

Wave web:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2227500
He provides 1 gig space with 100 gig bandwidth with CPanel for free .
But Since you're an npo , he might be able to combine the specifications of 5 accounts into one sponsored package for you :)

Unlimited mb hosting:?http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2227380
He provides 5 gig space with 500 gig bandwidth for free . But he doesn't use cpanel unlike what you mention in your request .

Jumbo files:?http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2227344
A file hosting provider with 1 gb file size limits . Dom't know much about him

Free web hostx:
http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2227321
Web hosting provider with 10 gb space and 10gb bandwidth(you can speak to him if he would upgrade the bandwidth for your cause)

Btw i only have given this list from some offers posted here , and haven't tested even one of the above .
Wishing you good luck...

Ps: if you could afford to do $10 per month , i could have done you 50 gigabytes of space with 500 gigabytes of bandwidth coz i currently am not in a state to offer such massive bandwidth plans for free atm

Best Regards

Why not torrent it?. I would be more then willing to provide 20Mbps unmetered upload for a few months if you do torrent it with the computer running 24/7. I'm sure there are others that would be willing to do the same. It would be easy and painless to do.

Hi,
I Am The Founder And Owner Of LinuxShark . Which is A Linux Distro ... And I Am Looking For Hosting For Download Mirrors .

Each Mirror Will Hold A Max Of About 5 GB Of Storage.

As It Is A Free Project/Open Source ... I Was Looking For Some Sponsors.. Who Could Give Me Hosting For Free...

If You Give Me The Hosting For Free I Will Put 2 Banners On The LinuxShark Site Home Page of Your Choice.

I Am looking For These Specs :
5 GB+ Storage
500 GB+ Bandwidth
cPanel
10 Of Each Feature.

The Current LinuxShark Site Is Here :
www.linuxshark.info

Please Support Us By Giving Us Hosting For Free And We Will Put 2 Banners Of Your Choice On The Home Page Of LinuxShark.

Thanks,
Dl2fast

Even with ads, you will not get close to 500GB of bandwidth for free. You need to think of it from the business perspective. It costs money to run a server, and that's half a basic server's allotted bandwidth. Most free hosts are hosted on VPS, as you need a large client base in order to upgrade to a dedicated server. I highly recommend looking for a sponsorship from a large hosting company such as host gator, or maybe another that you may have in mind.

Or have atleast a small budget .
I can do it cheap for you since almost my full capacity is empty till date .
$10 would be more than enough imo...

Couldnt you use file hosts for the actual distribution (i.e. like mediafire/rapidshare, ect) and then have seperate WEB (cpanel) hosting for the actual website, so you would need much less space+bandwidth.

Thanks !!

Thanks For The Help Guys .. I Was Thinking If I Could Get A Seedbox .. With 1GB Storage ??

I Can Put A Banner Of Your Choice On The Site Homepage.

Thanks,
Dl2Fast

Bandwidth!?

Even with ads, you will not get close to 500GB of bandwidth for free. You need to think of it from the business perspective. It costs money to run a server, and that's half a basic server's allotted bandwidth. Most free hosts are hosted on VPS, as you need a large client base in order to upgrade to a dedicated server. I highly recommend looking for a sponsorship from a large hosting company such as host gator, or maybe another that you may have in mind.

Actually Schmarvin, I'm dying to hear CWahi's take on this. Remember them, of the "Galactic Bandwidth" threads? I can't think of a better test case than this! I'm going to try digging up an answer on their forum in a day or five.

Of Kidding and Goats

You are kidding right?

Sain Cai, you're a voice of sanity around here. But this time, grab your Beverage and Popcorn on me, because we're in for something exciting.

I dropped Tony of CWahi a line, he o' the Bandwidth the size of the Antarctic Ice Shelf (before global warming.) He specifically said he has two Distros so far, and to Bring It On (Copyright some movie studio.)

So OrigPoster, Go dig up CWahi and let's get this ride going.

---

New Personal Message: Re: Detailed Bandwidth info for "Unlimited"
Mon, January 18, 2010 6:53:23 PM
My Community <noreply@myserver.com>
(From my email notify-copy)
You have just been sent a personal message by tony on My Community.

IMPORTANT: Remember, this is just a notification. Please do not reply to this email.

The message they sent you was:

Already have 2 other distros hosted on us so go ahead! :)

----

Last edited:
Actually Schmarvin, I'm dying to hear CWahi's take on this. Remember them, of the "Galactic Bandwidth" threads? I can't think of a better test case than this! I'm going to try digging up an answer on their forum in a day or five.

Why? He is not allowed to post offers on this forum. No unlimited or imaginary offers are allowed.

Not sure who you're referring to there fireshark.
I am running a study of host durability, one of which claims large amounts of bandwidth. So I checked, and relayed the result.

TaoPhoenix did the right thing - cut and paste my exact words to him for all to see :)

I don't post often in here - running CWahi keeps me busy (nearing 40k users and counting) - so for him to relay, verbatim, my words saved me some time :)

Any Other Hosts Who Run cPanel And Can Give Me Hosting .. ??
1 GB Storage / 200 GB B/W --> For LinuxShark mini (For Netbooks)

Back