• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting Extreme

I think hostextreme has fixed the ads problem. it only pop up once and is a real pop under ad now :)
GOOD JOB!

and when will the MySQL database be ready?

I have been moving everything to cdiweb.us

I have to apologize for the delay in all this...I totally mean't to have the mysql databases ready by now but dang I have been busy :(

Jon

Originally posted by HostingExtreme

I have to apologize for the delay in all this...I totally mean't to have the mysql databases ready by now but dang I have been busy :(

Jon

Thats ALL we needed to hear.

The many comments here are due to the fact that we received the notice/email that MySQL was available and we replied, and then didn't hear anything after that ( almost a month )

we assumed you received it and either ignored it, or didn't care
but another mass email informing us of the MySQL is being moved/relocated then we would've understand .
I everone had continued to resend a request for database once a week, you would've been more busy with all the emails you would've had to go thru/delete.

send us an email when its ready, or send one out informing all that has not read this post that the MySQL is NOT READY.

Thanks.

Originally posted by HostingExtreme

Is that why I've been unable to update my site via FTP? I can still update via browser, though. That's a relief; I thought you removed FTP from the free service!

I'd still use Hosting Extreme even if they did remove FTP. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to curb warez abuse, as so many free hosts have done so already.

but it is very annoying to upload all the files one by one... it is a waste of time and people will be bored :cry2:
the use of ftp will save a lot of time and u do not have to watch it so frequently and you can go to do other things while uploading.

I think the add services have still been cheating.

A page titled "-_-_-_-_-_-" opens in a new window minimized. You can't open it, it just stays minimized. You try to close it; at least 2 other pop-ups open afterwards.

When you get to a hostingextreme error page, 3 pop-ups open. One is a little grey window about 40x 40px. If you try to close it windows like "phat cat" and stuff open and if you try to close them, other windows come.

Originally posted by Joseph89Digimon
I think the add services have still been cheating.

A page titled "-_-_-_-_-_-" opens in a new window minimized. You can't open it, it just stays minimized. You try to close it; at least 2 other pop-ups open afterwards.

You can use that ALT+F4 trick to get rid of the "borderless popup." Also, I have an update on Hosting Extreme's FTP - I can connect to their FTP server again now, but it won't let me login there (I can still login to their file manager though).

News Update - Also Sent By Email :

Hello,

I am very sorry for the delay in updates...

Ok some of you noticed lately that sometimes sites are slow and sometimes not even available. This was caused by people uploading images encoded with warez and pounding the server. I have taken steps to prevent them from doing this but nothing is perfect so we will see how it works out. Due to the increase in popularity I have setup a shorter and dedicated site for the free hosting.

I would like to ask you guys to move over to the new server...Please remember now that accounts must be hand approved to stop the warez. I have also raised the space limit to 500 Mb! Alot of you complained about java applets messing up but I have allowed those extentions to work now!

Coming very soon is my new file sharing service! It will be built right into the current hosting, so you will be able to ftp your files! You will know more once its ready :0)

Ok the site to signup is http://www.cdiweb.us

I will not remove the sites from the other server for 30 days...

To download your files from the other server to move to the new one please use ftp.fastplugin.com port 70 and your normal user/pass

Mysql databases on the way...Been working on the system to help me add them!

Ok hope everyone understands and also...Mainstream hosting is ad free for a little while ;0)

Jon

Originally posted by Cracker
I'd still use Hosting Extreme even if they did remove FTP. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that to curb warez abuse, as so many free hosts have done so already.

Dont encourage the removing of FTP

most of us ADVANCE webmasters need FTP, we upload and download tens and maybe hundreds of images and HTML on a regular.
Plus we need the access to CHMOD our files, ( CGI and PHP scripts ) not many host is gonna have a person on stand by to chmod all files that the webpage designer may need to change permissions.

Limiting file sixe I think is the best way to help curb the warez problem.

Imagine uploading postnuke without FTP :confused:

Originally posted by ibfw

...most of us ADVANCE webmasters need FTP...
The majority of them will either have forked out for paid hosting by now, or realised that if they want there host to sruvive and not pay for it, they will have to make sacrifices, if losing ftp is one of these, so be it. Personally I don't use a free host as I paid for it, but when I did, back in the day ;) I realised that I would either make these sacrifices or suffer rubbish hosting. I was a member of digitalrice before they went down so badly, I would often curse about them, but I guess it's the price I paid for banner free, ftp-enabled all bells and whistles webshoting, without the price tag

How quickly do you hand approve accounts? BTW, good job upgrading accounts to 500 mb webspace! Just be careful not to end up like Gizba!

Last edited:
Originally posted by ibfw

We upload and download tens and maybe hundreds of images and HTML on a regular.

Why would you need to re-download your own HTML and images all the time? Can't you just keep the originals on your own hard drive? You shouldn't trust a free host to hold your only site copy anyway.

Hostingextreme, can u plz go on Yahoo! we really need to talk about my server, the plinux team is starting to get a bit mad about how long u are taking to just install homefree pro, if u cant do it, just give me the files and i will do it ! im not a idiot i know linux like the back of my hand, it is so easy to install, if u continue to ignore like u have been for the last week or so (dont say "sometimes i goto the store", because i doubt u have been living at walmart for the past week), i will install my homefree ftp hacked, and then all u need to do is add a few lines to Apache's conf and enable subdomains, Note: u wont be getting any ad money if i install my homefree ftp hacked, as i cant enforce ads through ftp. also quotas will be disabled, this is just a little warning to get u moving, im sure u have finsihed ur service and why dont u get a auto mysql db making script ? i have one that mitja kindly made for me, and im sure u can use it to , it will free up time and make ur user a lot happy.

The End. :classic2:

Last edited:
Originally posted by Cracker

Why would you need to re-download your own HTML and images all the time? Can't you just keep the originals on your own hard drive? You shouldn't trust a free host to hold your only site copy anyway.

RE UPLOAD = UPDATE
a site that does NOT change its contents regularly is senseless to revisit, no ?

so regardless if I KEEP the "ORIGINAL" or not, I /we STILL have to UPDATE.
keeping the ORIGINAL is only useful if the server crashes,

originals are not kept JUST to be RE UPLOADED, originals are kept for BACKUP (server crasees ) or RELOCATING

:cool2:

OMFG, 500megs! I will probably only use 10 megs at most. *lol* I just hope it doesn't end up like Gizba as Cracker said. Gizba's probably going to break the record for the most times they deleted everone's accounts out of nowhere. :p

One last thing, why didn't you just transfer the "hostingextreme" domain to the new servers?

Last edited:
Originally posted by Joseph89Digimon
Cracker said, Gizba's probably going to break the record for the most times they deleted everone's accounts out of nowhere. :p

Yeah, and people here think Crosswinds has problems with losing their members' files. Gizba certainly has them beat.

Back