• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting Extreme Users

HostingExtreme

Hi :)

I would like to inform the users using Hosting Extreme that the server I had put you guys on was brand new but unfortunately there was some bad hardware. The ram I believe was the cause of the problem. This took some time getting a new server...They had to move my hard drive to a new server...Well on the new server because of the ram issue the passwd file of redhat was corrupted but I did not know this...So I attempted to mirror everything over from my old hd by doing this crashed the server because of the passwd file. I have requested another restore and the server should be up soon. I am trying my hardest to provide a good free service and I am pulling money out of my pocket to do so. When switching to ensim I was happy because of the backup and restore feature it had but unfortunately there was a bug in it...Ensim released a new patch yesturday that fixes this problem and another problem with a memory leak. If anyone is still interested in hosting with me...I will have the server up within 24 hours...I am very sorry that alot of you have suffered thru my hard times...

I am trying and if you are still interested look for a post on here soon...

Jonathon Rube
Hosting Extreme

I had a account before this one with 100mb and tons of bw.

Will i still get that? (Since you never answer me on icq)

Thank you.

Heck yea! I still want ur hosting... as long as its not down that much anymore :) :biggrin2: I luv ur control panel :D

Yes once it is backup everyone will be getting 100mb of space and depending on site content unlimited bandwidth...

I am very touched and I am very glad the response I have gotten from alot of you. Most of you want to stay even thru my hard times and I appreciate it so much. I try to respond to everyone in the last couple days but unfortunately between my job and normal life I have gotten overwelpmhed (spelling)

So I will post here as soon as I can set accounts backup...

Thank you everybody for your support

Jonathon Rube
Hosting Extreme

i would love an account on this server when it is ready, and don't rush yourself...
good thinkgs take time.

Errr.. Can i still have my backup of mysql database? or is it wiped? account: shanetj

We have those who understand and we have those who don't understand when someone is having a hard time...

Session Start (AIM - jonvaradox:eek:0O IceBerg O0o): Tue Apr 02 12:38:34 2002
o0O IceBerg O0o: this is Shanetj from your free webspace service, did you get the account fixed yet?
Jon Varadox: not yet did you read the fws website?
o0O IceBerg O0o: your website is down and you have very bad service. I'm going to make sure my friends leave your free and paid service immediatly.

For those of you who don't understand I feel for ya...

Jonathon

umm thats not me.. sorry.. my aim name is shanetj..
thats someone who i host something for.. argh..

Of course I'm still interested in hosting with hostingextreme....

Sorry these things happen, .. though, once everything is up & running again it'll be kickass
:)

I am very happy to annouce that the server is back online.

Now I am running some tests on it and want to verify the backup feature works now. I am setting up so it backs up on another server every night. If there ever is a problem I would be able to restore in less then a hr :)

I doubt there will be any problems but there isn't much you can do when its hardware...If I had a backup then it would have been up much sooner but until yesturday ensim hadn't released a patch to fix the backup system...

Its now fixed and I expect to start contacting people in about a hour to setup accounts back up...

Thank you everybody for yoru support!

Jon

This is the third time i am going to ask you for a place on this server. Can i please have an account. I heard your service is great, and i would love an account.

Back