• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hosting (cont.)

dawgzzz9

OK thanks for the help with Virtual Hosts ;). Anyways...I was wondering, if I wanted to start a hosting company..how do I automate setup? This will be on Apache on Linux Redhat 7.3...Thanks..If need be, e-mail is montem995(at)comcast(dot)net and AIM is MonteM995

<edit>
Also, how might I setup something like a CPanel or Plesk? And how do I issue a space limit and view how much bandwidth they've used? Thanks again for your help:))

Last edited:
It's easy to automate setup with CPanel. As an administrator you'd have the Web Host Manager. There you can simply click on someone's account, and set their amount of disk space and bandwidth.

As far as setting up CPanel or Plesk. If you plan to be a reseller, it's automatically installed when you get your account.

No, I plan to run this off of a spare computer at a store I have. We have a fast connection there, and I would like to utilize it better. Where might I buy Plesk or CPanel or both?

Cpanel can be obtained for around $75USD/mth per license. Plesk is a once off if I remember correctly.

Originally posted by MN-Robert
Plesk is a once off if I remember correctly.

What does that mean??

<edit>
And is there any way besides CPanel and Plesk that I can alot disk usage and bandwidth? It wouldn't be that big of a hassle to add the people to the httpd.conf myself.

I'm afraid not, since I am using what I am familiar with, and that is the Apache web server.

<edit>
Actually, what is this webmin? It looks intruiging(sp?). Where can I find more information on it?

Last edited:
Its a helpfull tool for adminsitering your server. There are doc's on there site, or links to it. Its fairly straight forward. I would highly suggest you get a few books on linux administration before you embark on your journey into the world of the unknown.

Back