• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hostgator Opinions

From what I've heard, they seem to be doing alright. I would say their servers are a tad slow, but what can you expect from an incredibly aggressive Overseller. Wouldn't host my sites with them.

it depends what you are hosting with them reseller or shared account. Shared account they oversell , for reseller i think they are a good company for that. they have good manangement and great uptime

They are the biggest and they indeed have thousand happy customers.
But as any other web host they have negative reviews as well as they can't be good web host for everyone

I use to host my blog with hostgator, The support was great. :D

I would highly recommend hostgator.

I only stopped because I became my own web host. :D

I use HostGator to host my own website (for anyone wanting proof for the below post, the website is www.adam-parton.com).

I've had a package with HostGator (the Baby package) since 23rd December 2008, not had practically any downtime since then (once for approx 2 hours because of a DNS error my end). The support team are just brilliant, if I have anything go wrong, all I have to do is give them a knocking on there and it's practically fixed.

The only problem I have with them is their dedicated cPanel theme, it can be annoying as the search box auto-aligns the scrolling of the browser window and locks unless you click outside of it. Also there are some errors with subdomains/Add-on domains, but they've fixed the issues whenever I use them.

I used to run a shared hosting plan with HostGator and then later leased dedicated servers. The service then was fantastic! That was a couple of years ago, so I am not sure what things are like now. They seem to still be growing, however, so I think things must be pretty good. :)

I used to run a shared hosting plan with HostGator and then later leased dedicated servers. The service then was fantastic! That was a couple of years ago, so I am not sure what things are like now. They seem to still be growing, however, so I think things must be pretty good.
signature_sig1.jpg
I thought they only have shared servers? Are their dedicated servers expensive?

HostGator is great, but Id definitely recommend LunarPages. Theyll be able to handle much of what you need and they offer great support.

Also JustHost has been pretty good. Try either of them. Price-wise theyre very much similar.

Hostgator is a good company. Little more expensive than some other hosts that offer comparable service (ie. Dreamhost/Surpass Hosting) but good service.

From reliable reviews, people say their Reseller accounts are decent, but not for Shared accounts.

I currently have hostgator.com as my hosting company and they are definitely superb! Haven't had any major issues, and all the small issues I have had, have been fixed immediately. They are available 24/7 and even offer telephone support.

I havent experienced any slowness at all. So far things have been reliable and fast. I would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Back