• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

hostflare True or False

I was just browsing and an ad got my EYE. http://www.hostflare.com/

Host Flare's
One Price - One Package - 28 great features!
YourName.com Custom Cgi-bin
1 GB Webspace PHP Enabled / OK
7 GB Bandwidth SSI Enabled / OK
Unlimited Sub-Users Flash Enabled / OK
Unlimited Emails POP3 / Webmail
MySQL Database Frontpage Enabled / OK
Sub-domains Website Stats
Majordomo Mailing Lists Email Forwarders
Custom 404 Pages Password Protected Directories
No Forced Ads Telnet (SSH) Access
24/7 FTP Access 99.7% Server Uptime
No Hidden Fees No Setup Fees
Free Cgi Scripts Website Backups
Account Setup In Less Than 24 Hours Free Search Engine Submission
Only $7.77 Per Month!
11 Packages Left

These are the 7 people LOL
:D

Originally posted by spork
hmm... exacly what about it makes it look like a scam?

maybe i'm paranoid but from the looks of it, yes it's a nice package with some features shinging out from other web hosts. but whether is it reliable or not i guess you gotta try it b4 you know :D.

So far looks like a scam.... I signed up with them 1 day ago, but have not received any account activation email so far. Also the fact that they only use paypal for payments seems rather sketchy. I'll wait couple of days for the email and then will probably cancel.

Well, if you signed up a day ago, and they advertise 24 hour activation, and you haven't got your account info yet... I guess 2 and 2 can be put together.

Especially such a new host - it is these early customers that count. I for one would want to impress them, keep them happy.

Not at all saying that it is a scam, it just seems that they aren't too motivated.

I did some maths. Giving 1GB space per account, means, with a 40GB harddrive, they'd be able to manage 40 accounts absolute tops (realistically it'd be around 30-32). A RackShack box (which is what their whois says they've got), has 400GB transfer. Even with a full 40 sites using their 7GB transfer, they're only using 280GB transfer, meaning that they've got at least 120GB untouched. They are either underselling themselves, or overselling. Neither are good business practice.

Sorry if I looked into it too much. It is just naturally me (on a daily basis, I'd do probably 30-40 whois searches).

Remember to see Paypal's policy of the last date you can cancel easily.

Otherwise, you will need to go through paypal's complaint process. It isn't trouble-some, but can create headaches if the receipient denies anything.

Originally posted by rpungin
So far looks like a scam.... I signed up with them 1 day ago, but have not received any account activation email so far. Also the fact that they only use paypal for payments seems rather sketchy. I'll wait couple of days for the email and then will probably cancel.

Back