• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HostCaters.com

Hello,

I host several sites with HostCaters and I can tell you that they're very reliable and a great host overall. I've never had any problems with downtime and the customer service is top-notch. I highly recommend them!

Sparkie
Webmaster
http://www.pawsitronic.com - Your One-Stop Web Design Solution!

They may be a great host but I have to wonder about their professionalism... This is the first host that I've seen with a free counter button (SiteStatz) on the bottom of their main page.

sorry jiminsd

Hi there!
I just wanted to let you know that "I like sitestatz"
in fact Ive used it for some time on several different sites
I am sorry that you think that falls under professionalism.
Just so you know its not a counter, per say, but a tracker which shows screen resolution, operating system, etc.
HostCaters does include a numeric FREE counter with all accounts...I do not have that installed.
Ok...just wanted to give you the reason and my two cents worth..but in closing...Ive been known to install freebies, if anything just to test!
Have a good one!

Originally posted by jiminsd
They may be a great host but I have to wonder about their professionalism... This is the first host that I've seen with a free counter button (SiteStatz) on the bottom of their main page.

I run hosting and have nothing that is free at all, but I check out many many hosts to see what they are up to, and I see about 50% of them have a "Human Click" thing on their sites.....most of those are free.

Also, I see many hosts who use iBill, ccslide, etc, those are all free to join as well.

Also, many hosts use free forums to install on their sites instead of paying for a copy.

So are you saying that all the hosts with no merchant accounts and all the hosts that use Human Click and all the hosts that use free forums are not professional either, or just the free counter ones? I'm not trying to argue, I really am curious as to what people think of these, since I like to attract customers and have them thinking we are professional.

We don't use any free services, but some people complain our prices are too high, so I guess you get people complaining no matter which way you go, your either too cheap (using free tools and looking unprofessional) or too expensive.

My opinion is that HostCaters is reliable, they have been around quite a few years now.

Well, we all have different opinions but here is my take on it.

I'm in sales and as the saying goes... perception is reality. Let’s say that you want to buy a new car and there are two different places offering what “looks to be” the same car for sale. One is a typical dealer and the other is at a guy’s house (no overhead costs for the car dealership, it's basically free rent for him) and he does tell you that you have a full new car warranty. Let's also say that he can prove that it's not a hot car. Of course, the one at the guy’s house is a lot cheaper than the one at the dealership. Now which one do you buy? I'm sure you will wonder if you can get a hold of the guy if you have any problems. Also, will he be around tomorrow or will you be left with a turkey after you bought it.

Now you will tell me that choosing a host is different than buying a car. But the basic concept is the same for any product or service. There are many hosts out there competing for our business. Again, until now, I have not seen a free counter or stats button at the bottom of a host’s page? It’s like he is saying, “My business has very little money available.”

Just my opinion.

[Edited by jiminsd on 01-25-2001 at 11:39 AM]

Hi jim,
I understand your opinion totally. I guess what I think are things that are more important in hosting would be as follows:
Great customer service?
great support?
friendly responses?
great uptime record?
and I could go on and on.
I cant say because I havent paid attention when viewing hosting sites but I have seen the hitbox a number of times..and I do not care for hitbox..again just my personal opinion.
Hosts are people too!!
Best Regards

Martie, all of this:

Great customer service?
great support?
friendly responses?
great uptime record?

-doesn't really matter. It's all about the free counter! Silly Martie!

Ok, I'm just riding jiminsd a bit (hope he realizes that :)), but really the tracker is there to track, and I personally don't see a problem with it, but then again, I'm not a potential client. Perceptions vary I suppose.

well, you could always find a similar tracking service which charges a few dollars a month and lets you put no visible button on pages ... and get over with it ...

i say, dont argue, prevention is the best way to get around issues ;)

anyhow, as for my opinion on HostCaters, they've got my thumbs up (if that counts for anything) .. I wouldn't question their professionalism ..

Somebody might notice a free counter, somebody else may relate with it as they could be using the same service for years .. etc .. beauty is in the eye of the beholder ...

oh ya, and when it came to a car, I went to the showrooms and i simply said "what will you give me to prevent me from giving my business to your competitior?" .. it worked :p

Back