• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Risto3

DO NOT GET HOSTED BY ncasthosting.com

They are the WORST host I have ever had, and are going to terminate me for uploading 100 MB to my account. They said that if I needed that much space that I needed my own server! They aren't even going to give me a refund! I am disputing it with paypal now, seriously, don't ever even consider them!!!!

are you kidding me

a host that offers "no space limit" that kicks you after 100mb

most funny story i ever heard

but if they do , then i guess they wont have mutch clients left so i do not see why they would do that in the first place

average disk usage for a website is around 300 mb - 500 mb those days
most people store there backups on it , some zip files , and definaly mysql that is growing ( depending on site)

so if you say is true then i guess that host wont exist for long (maybe over 2 months it is dead )

but so far the history does it seems differend

Code:
Registrar History: 1 registrar 
NS History: 3 changes	 on 3 unique name servers over 1 year. 
IP History: 4	 changes on 4 unique IP addresses over 1 years. 
Whois History: 15 records have been archived since 2010-06-29 . 
Reverse IP: 99 other sites hosted on this server.

anyway
thank you for the warning

Greetings From PowerChaos

Something seems way off here, as I never heard of a host bouncing someone for uploading only 100MB worth of junk.

I would love to hear their side of the story on this, or actually seen screenshots of the emails they sent you. Something smells fishy here.

What you mean is, you upload 1 file which is 100MB size, and they terminate you?
What file did you upload then?

What you mean is, you upload 1 file which is 100MB size, and they terminate you?
What file did you upload then?

If it's a single 100mb file, that's a different story. A lot of hosts have clauses regarding large files, file storage, file hosting, etc. Also, we don't know if the file was illegal content, etc.

There's a lot more to this story than we're hearing here, and I have a good feeling the host isn't at fault.

If it's a single 100mb file, that's a different story. A lot of hosts have clauses regarding large files, file storage, file hosting, etc. Also, we don't know if the file was illegal content, etc.

There's a lot more to this story than we're hearing here, and I have a good feeling the host isn't at fault.

Yeah, this is why I am asking him if it is a single file size which exceed 100MB and what is the file he uploaded.
Because when I go to that hosting's TOS page and read, it stated clearly that they do not allow file hosting and they seems very strict in a lot things.

Considering the host was supposedly a paid host, I wouldn't think there would be a file size limit since you are paying for the service as opposed to a free service.

Regardless, as I stated before, there HAS to be more then a simple "I uploaded my 100 MB website and got tossed" deal.

ncasthosting.com are selling "Alpha" reseller,
and your Flyhost is offering hosting only until "Master" reseller.

I am started to see something fishy here.
It seems like you used the server resources, much more than just a "100MB" file only.

Considering the host was supposedly a paid host, I wouldn't think there would be a file size limit since you are paying for the service as opposed to a free service.

A lot of paid hosts put file limits on their clients, so they don't use it as a file repository. They have clauses that all files have to be linked to a .html, .php page, etc. We use 50mb, since the odds of somebody having a legitimate file greater than 50mb (aside from backups) is highly unlikely. The only thing I can think of off the top of my head that would take more space than that are videos, and if somebody has personal videos (i.e. videos of family, friends, etc.), we waive the limit.

We have found that 99% of the clients with files larger than 50mb are doing something illegal or abusive with their account, and in fact, that's actually one of the flags we use to automatically find abuse. We specifically look for large files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back