• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

:::... host.sk ...:::

Oh my...

Host.sk seems like the ideal host for me, but I can't understand a damn thing on the site. Can someone please tell me if it :

Allows FTP upload
Allows your own CGI scripts
has 15MB or over of space
does not have (or has a resonable) bandwidth restriction.
Is free...?
Has no Ads! Of any kind!

I just wana make sure! Thanks.

Yes, it allows FTP upload.

No, user CGI is not allowed.

Host.sk offers "unmetered" disk space.

There are no traffic restrictions.

Of course it's free - this is the FREE webspace forum, so it's a given.

No, there are no ads.

However, I must comment that the speed is so slow it's not funny. I get faster speeds downloading from a Crosswinds.net free hosted website.

::.. what i get from their site ..::

:H well.. this is what i get out from thir site :www.host.sk - free webhosting
- unlimited disk space, php, mysql, shell, no ads -

"Yes, it allows FTP upload."

That's good...

"No, user CGI is not allowed."

That's bad...

"Host.sk offers "unmetered" disk space."

That's unheard of... lol.

"There are no traffic restrictions."

Also unheard of. There is always a limit, just sometimes a very big one.

"Of course it's free - this is the FREE webspace forum, so it's a given."

I was just making sure it was still free. Demented went offline, now they are back they ar eno longer free... it's happened to soooooo many hosts I can't count.

"No, there are no ads."

Nice...

"However, I must comment that the speed is so slow it's not funny. I get faster speeds downloading from a Crosswinds.net free hosted website."

Oh yes I was just mooching about there site and clicked one link from there main page... that was 10 minuets ago. It still has not loaded.

This host is too slow. It's also exactly the opposite of what I want... IOW : I want a free host that allows me to use my own CGI scripts. Thanks for telling me.
;)

there is a complete translation somewhere on this site i think in the host faq just look around

there is a complete translation somewhere on this site i think in the host faq just look around

I did try... but I could not go any further than the main page... as i said, it takes a VERY long time to load anything so I just gave up. It's too slow for my likeing.

It's so slow because the users at GameFAQs.com found out about it and all created their own GameFAQs spinoff. There were about 20, but most are dead now. They are still taking up space, though.....

I hate GameFAQs... I hate that idiotic prcik that runs the plae as well. Nearly everyone that goes there is an idiotic braindead git that thinks he/she is God's gift to computer games. Most of them are fanboys to one particular system as well... the quicker that place goes under the better.:angry2:

Yes, it allows FTP upload.

No, user CGI is not allowed.

Host.sk offers "unmetered" disk space. However, when I tried to upload about 200mb (my .pdf files), I got deleted.

There are no traffic restrictions. However, when my site downloaded bw for those .pdf files in another account, my site got deleted.

Of course it's free - this is the FREE webspace forum, so it's a given.

No, there are no ads.

However, I must comment that the speed is so slow it's not funny. I get faster speeds downloading from a Crosswinds.net free hosted website.
[/QUOTE]

gamefaqs isn't bad it's the best place around for faqs and such now that ign went paid......

I thought gamespot went paid? Anyway it's gamespot that is getting all it's links on gamefaqs. Also, the guy that runs the place is a stuck up arogant pice of sh*t. ANyone here notice how all the great games are now either on or coming to the mac platform? I emailed him this, asking him to pit a macintosh link with the others in the list on th emain site, but... he completely ignored the point and simply repeated the oppsite I said;

I said in so many words

"The macintosh platform now gets mostly all of the new releases that come out on Windows. The user base is much bigger, and if anything it's not going to be th eend of the world if you did put th elink up. It IS just a link afterall. No hard work, no nothing, just a little use of your fingers and an ftp uploader program."

He said

"The macintosh platform does not get enough pc ports. Only games that are only for mac. The market is not big enough, and it's not worth putting the link on the site."

...what a complete idiot hu? It's SO obviously he hates Macs that it hurts.

Back