• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host.sk - In what aspects are they slow?

When you ping a host and you get a 100% loss, would you consider that as slow? They've blocked many countries as well. Anyway, it isn't the speed that's significant; if a site was hosted on a slow server, I would probably get used to it. The main problem is that the host is so "up-and-down". One second it will be blazing fast, and the next, it will be painfully slow. I've seen slower hosts, but that's not the point. It's the inconsistency that makes this a poor choice in a host.

ok, i uploaded my files... my site dosnt wanna work

i uploaded my site...
it dosnt wanna work and i dunno why...
what is the domain u get again ... is it www.host.sk/you?
this is phukd

:mad: gdammit i need a good free host...
20mb+
ASP
PHP
Must be fast!
ENGLISH preferably
NO ADS PLEASE

please HELP host.sk is pissing me off.

noooooooo

Originally posted by weep
Host.sk has no ASP (Well, it's simply impossible on Linux...)

how can it not have asp. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

sh!t that sux ---

does 9cy have asp and php?

ok any one know a good FREE server with...
ASP
20mb+
no ads
fast
FTP

:confused2
i need it urgently

Last edited:
:topic:

brinkster offers ASP 3.0 with no ads, 30MB of Web Space and 500MB data transfer per month BUT no FTP.

If you want FTP you would have to pay an initial set up fee of $3.95 and an additional $3.95 a month BUT they do increase you data transfer limit to 2000MB.

websamba offers ASP, FTP and 30MB of Web Space but they do have ads.

*We now return you to the actual topic*

Host.sk's FTP upload is reasonably slow. I think it depends on the time you upload your stuff. But then what do u expect for free. They give you no ads, you can upload almost anything, unmonitored bandwidth (I think) and no limit to how much space you use. If you expect things like that for free then you have to put up with the downtime.

Just my 2cents worth

Last edited:
Yes, it's no wonder they can "offer" unlimited transfer - transfer rates are so slow nobody could ever take fair advantage of it.

Back