• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host says they do not have time for me at midnight on a sunday!

gotlinks

Hosting Provider: I am sorry but I don't feel we will be the provider for you. If midnight on a Sunday to my personal email does not get answered fast enough for you, I am sure that waiting a few minutes to an hour during normal business hours will not be fast enough for you.

I sent an email to this hosting providers host email on or around
between 12am-2am, and roughly 12 hours later, around 1pm,
i get this brain fart email from this hosting provider.

These emails were just a few simple questions, and not even support. I would hate to think if I actually had support issues. I hate to tell you hosting providers, if you can not answer emails, or provide support in a timely manner, then you are just in the wrong business, you are going to fail!

This hosting provider is basiclly saying, we do not care if your VPS goes
down at 12am on a sunday, we are not around, we are alseep.

His brain fart email goes on to say "during business hours" You are clearly in the wrong business buddy. Websites are open around the clock, we are here to be in business 7 days per week, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year....have you seriously lost your wannabe hosting mind?

What if DP, or WF had to rely on your poor support? If they were to go
down friday night, but you can not fix the problem until monday
morning; I assure you that they would not be your paying client
for very long as you just forced them to loose $1000's of dollars....

I dare you to tell me that your busy at 12am, or even 2am.
Money never sleeps, if you do, then you have already lost....

Get out of the hosting business now, you do not belong here.

Last edited:
I definitely understand your frustration. Was this a free host or a paid host?

paid.

I surely would have expected that attitude from
a free host for sure - rofl....

Its really hard to figure out a good host until you actually use them, but when their
colors start showing very early on (before signup) then thats a sure red flag not to use them.

I think I have found a good host now, but like I said, you really do not know until you use
them to get used to their services, they claim to have 24/hr support, and so far they have
responded to my emails over every other VPS provider that I have contacted on FWS....

If you are lucky, then you catch the bad behavior before you signup, so far I have seen
some very good reviews concerning the host, so I will give them a trial run :)

a little expensive, but if their reliability and support holds true, then they will be worth it.

Last edited:
Wow. Yeah, that's pretty bad for a paid host. Even most free hosts wouldn't act like that anymore. Good luck with your new host. If they turn out Ok for several more weeks, you should post a review here. Hell, post a review + name of the first one, too! :lol: At least that would warn folks to stay away.

1) You sent it to his PERSONAL email. Not sure about you, but emails sent to me overnight at my place of work I too dont get around to until at least midday/later.
2) A lot of the bigger hosts dont even have sales staff working on weekends! So even if you submit a "few simple questions" on friday night, they would not answer until Monday!
3) A single person cannot be online for 24 hours! I'm sure if you sent it to the sales email, or used the ticket system, you would have got a response sooner, for all you know, he worked until 11am, relaxed until 3am after a long shift and then slept until 11am...

You can't expect sales emails to be answered instantly anyway :S it's the technical queries that need to be answered instantly.

1) You sent it to his PERSONAL email. Not sure about you, but emails sent to me overnight at my place of work I too dont get around to until at least midday/later.
2) A lot of the bigger hosts dont even have sales staff working on weekends! So even if you submit a "few simple questions" on friday night, they would not answer until Monday!
3) A single person cannot be online for 24 hours! I'm sure if you sent it to the sales email, or used the ticket system, you would have got a response sooner, for all you know, he worked until 11am, relaxed until 3am after a long shift and then slept until 11am...

You can't expect sales emails to be answered instantly anyway :S it's the technical queries that need to be answered instantly.

Do you what a personal email is?

i-am-slow@mail.com - personal email

I-am-slow@myhost.com is not a personal email.

I may agree with you on some of this too a point if he had been
processional enough not to repond late at night on a sunday, so
in regards to that, there is no excuse...he should have had his
AR on to let people know when to expect a reply....

I am sorry, I am out of the office at this time.

Office Hours: Mon-Fri....etc,,etc....

DO NOT ANSWER YOUR EMAILS ON SUNDAY IF YOU ARE NOT
IN BUSINESS ON SUNDAY- YOU MAKE YOURSELF LOOK BAD!

His bad attitude really comes about when he tells me to get lost.

It is very bad business to tell potential clients to get lost,
and I do not care who is right or who is wrong...You only
need to tell me to get lost once...that is all it takes....

I am sorry, but you just do not have a good defence so far....

In some regards, we were both wrong, but he is more wrong telling
a potential paying client to piss off because he is upset, he is pouting,
or he can not handle clients like me...I have had prof hosts handle
clients like me for years, if he can not handle clients, wrong business to be in.

Last edited:
Everyone has the right to refuse service to someone, and considering the fuss you have made in this thread, I'm not surprised he told you to get lost, if people could ------slap over TCP/IP, you'd have a red face by now :D

Everyone has the right to refuse service to someone, and considering the fuss you have made in this thread, I'm not surprised he told you to get lost, if people could ------slap over TCP/IP, you'd have a red face by now :D

My wife went to the bank the other day..they mishandled her
deposits...then they accused her for taking $100 out of a
deposit that she had not even thouched yet...she called them
morons, yelled some, bla, bla...did they have the right to refuse
her service for yelling and screaming? You bet...

any business has the right to refuse business.
any business has the right not to make money.
any business as the right to go out of business.

If they had told her to leave, then all of her money would
have went with her, on the spot, no questions, because they
where smart enough about business to keep their mouth shut,
then they will hold her money long enough for her to find
another bank, then the other bank will have her business,
this bank is going to see her business go to another bank,
right in front of their eyes...

Say I am right, keep your mouth shut, and you may have
the priv to keep my business for another day.

I really do not care what you say, or even that you wan to
defend the other guy at this point, because he had a hissy
fit over mid-night emails that i sent, he has already gotten
his bad review....This is a done deal, and I am somewhere
else giving them my business.

take care.

I've been known to answer support emails at 4AM when I had to be at my day job at 8AM. If you want to survive in business, that's the kind of thing you had better be ready to do- or at least you had better be willing to hire somebody to be there.

People being lazy and not caring about their customers is all this comes down to. Please do give a review of the host that told you that so that others don't experience the same treatment from them, or if that host is a user of this forum they review their internal practice and hopefully improve service quality from it.

And even in a one man show, it's not that hard to tell your friends what you're doing and have them keep tabs on it so that if something happens you know about it quickly.

Last edited:
Thats why a hosting needs a forum with their staff moderators. Clients report the problem and the moderators answer the client or pass the problem to the main admin.

Wait, this is about Anthony? I've never gotten bad service from him when I use the ticket system. My questions are always answered very quickly.

Wait, this is about Anthony? I've never gotten bad service from him when I use the ticket system. My questions are always answered very quickly.

He did not use the ticket system, he used Anthony's personal business email - And Gotlinks does not understand why Anthony needs to sleep, he runs a business, he should be able to stay awake 24/7.

gotlinks is very much correct in his statements about me. He contacted me via a PM here, which sent to my personal/business email address. It went to Anthony @ my company so I can understand the "business" side of the venture. To this it was late at night on a Sunday, yes I did start communications with him via this email address.

Truth be told, I did have a small hissy fit/over reaction. To this I have admitted.

Regardless of the fact that I did answer him instead of answering with a "please contact my sales staff here, during these hours" did lead him to a different view point of my hours working for my company.

I have no problem manning up and publicly stating that I messed up. I do ask that anybody wishing to do business please with us, please contact via our ticket system for a much better response.

As far as support, we are maned and monitored 24/7, while I am the main face of the company we are not a 1 man shop. So at 1am our support is here to help.

Thank you very much.

Anthony

huh, you can't say "personal business email". or it's personal, or is business.

Something personal is an item that only one has access too, in the form of business email, you have shared folders/inboxes/redirects (support@host.com) and you have each member of staffs PERSONAL email, in the fact that it ONLY goes to one person, the person who the email relates to.

This is just one of those clients that wants a million dollars in exchange for a five! No matter how fast you respond, how much you do for him, how much you give him free, it isn't enough. We've all seen them.

I feel bad for whichever host he decided to go with. They're in for a real treat when they don't answer his emails in 5 - 10 minutes and he posts all over the internet what a bad experience he had with whatever host!

This is just one of those clients that wants a million dollars in exchange for a five! No matter how fast you respond, how much you do for him, how much you give him free, it isn't enough. We've all seen them.

I feel bad for whichever host he decided to go with. They're in for a real treat when they don't answer his emails in 5 - 10 minutes and he posts all over the internet what a bad experience he had with whatever host!

agree...i saw people like that and if you track them for a couple of months you will see they change providers every week. If you cant pay a Ferrari just be happy with your Ford :)

*Replying to starting post*
That sounds like one of those 'in it for the money' companies that are usually unreliable and can't give a (add what you want here) about customer services or satiscation. :eek2:

Back