• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host problem

snoopdog

I recently purchased a plan at www.istacia.com for $15/3 MONTHS
and so far i received a setup form which i filled out and sent back. But after that i got nothing from them. I've waited for over a week now, and i kept sending e-mails, but no response. I asked for my money back (in an email of course), but no response. I kept on trying to log in, but it says "login incorrect". What should i do?

Have you tried other methods of contact?
phone, live chat, etc.??

Last edited:
Originally posted by snoopdog
i didnt try live chat, and i have to pay for long distance to talk to them on the phone i think.

If they have a toll-free number then you don't have to pay anything.

Try their AIM online support: IstaciaSupport

But, they shouldn't be ignoring/avoiding you like this. You should have be en activated immediately. I'd seriously try getting your money back NOW. Don't wait any longer. Make them eat a chargeback, that's their problem!

I called them yesterday and left a message. I'm not sure that it's toll free, but it's too late now. I'll try AIM now, I didn;t wanna use AIM, because it would create a hassle, I mean i have to download it install it and stuff. And I tried getting money back, but damn they are not answering. If AIM won't work what should I do?

I wouldn't waste a lot of time here. Call your credit card company and report it (credit card fraud). They will cancel the payment and issue a chargeback to Istacia. Even if you could straighten this out with Istacia, you wouldn't want them to host you. Their support service doesn't exist as you've discovered.

Also, post a negative post on WHT forums on what happened to you. WHT is so harsh that Istacia will never again have a respectable name in the industry. Also, Istacia may want to clear this up once you post there. If they don't, they aren't too smart.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/

try everything you can until theres nothing left to do but take legal action and you know what I mean. Just contact the authorities

Since I called them, obviously they didn't call me back. I downloaded AIM, and signed up, but guess what, they are offline. I don't even know what to do now, though that credit card trick sounds very interesting, tell me more about it, please.

Now I need a new host. Can someone suggest me something good?
I need:
No more than $7.00 a month
Basic stuff
Good Bandwidth, like 15 gigs/month
Good webspace, like 200megs
Free setup
Free Domain Registration would be real nice
FTP access
hmmm...
A nice car and a house in Miami :classic2:

Thank you all so much.

Hello,

I am not trying to defend the host or anything but I think you should considered about issuing chargeback. For a mere $15 the chargeback cost would be more than it is worth. Charge back could cost you from $10 to $40 per chargeback issue. Some CC will not charge you some will. I think you should find out more from your bank. Best I suggest is to forget the $15, call you credit card company and block any future transaction from the host.

Just a reply for ServerSonicRep, I dont think the authority would even bother if you contact them that you lost $15 due to fraud :rolleyes:

First you should do is do not over react, think carefully, is it worth pursuing, if yes then by all means, go all out :D If not then call your bank, block any future transaction, that should be your priority.

Back