• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

host and domain pointing/forwarding

Hochi

Hi all

I have been searching through this and other fora for an answer to my question, but forgive a newbie if I bring up an old chestnut, but I still am not certain about the answer......

Basically I own a couple of domain names. I have no great plans for them other than creating a simple personal site of a few pages using FP2000. I want both domains to point to the same page.

I want to use a free host.

So.... which free host should I go with (the less advertising the better but I appreciate the host has to get his money somehow) and how to I get the domain names to point to my free page? They are already registered.

How do I use a domain pointing or forwarding arrangement? And is there a way of keeping the domain name (www.mydomainname.com) in the address bar while people look at my site? This isnt essential but it'd be nice to do ;)

Thank you very much in advance.

Yours,
Hochi

Services like mydomain.com are exactly what you are looking for. Allows you to point domains to free space. There are several others which may/may not keep the name in the address bar (I don't have experience with them all).

Try:
mydomain.com
zonedit.com
centralinfo.net

for starters

Chicken mentioned 3 good domain redirection services,
redirection.net is good too, and fast (btw, redirection.net is tera-byte.com)

And yes, you can keep your domain name in the address bar, it's simply a hidden frame trick. We are also using that hidden frame thing at 2gx.net

Back