• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

honest opinions

Tazzman

Just wanted to see if I could get some honest opinions as to the feel of my new free hosting site. I still have to finish optimising it for 800 x 600 (it's still just slighly to big, but not much) and also the forums need to be customised, but I just want an idea as to what others think about the general feel of it.

www.section5.net

ok well... i like how everything is small and compact :classic2:
The effect on the laptop is nice (the light) but i can see those lines, making it look somewhat fake :confused2
Oh and when you press the Support button then press the Home button a new window appears... is that supposed to happen? :confused2
And maybe those pics on the bottom should link to their official websites
The colors you chose are very friendly and easy on the eyes :D
The forums look cool too... with those same friendly colors, almost like Windows XP style or something :D
Fill up some of the white space with like more pics!

Personally?!.......
I like it :eek:

(ummm... are you going to delete my site after this Tazz?:cry2: )

not at all niknar, if I could only get a responce from the datacenter so I could get the server back up :(

And I knew about the home button thing. It's an annoying little mistake in the html. I though I had corrected all of them.

I might fill the white space to the right with an add banner or something once I have the ads sorted out.

Last edited:
Alright so i looked at your site in 1024x768 to find out if that scrollbar is present....
Personally i would get rid of some of the white space in that image so it would fit nicely... getting rid of the scrollbar on the right
But of course that doesn't help 800x600 people....
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I made this one in fireworks, I thinks I'll just keep the general layout but remake it in dreamweaver so it's all standard html.

Well, you pretty much already said you'd correct the problems I found with it. I don't really like the font graphic you've got there, it kinda looks fuzzy.

From a designers point of view i'd remove the laptop, and put something else there. Having a laptop on your opening page about hosting makes it look like you're saying that you host ON laptops! So maybe put some kind of large server piccy there instead? Just my opinion of course :)

I have just the picture, a full overview of the Sun microsystems servers :p

I'm redoing it at the moment anyway. Implementing some script etc. That fuzzy text was going to be replaced by a tidy logo once I find some time to make one.

Back