• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Homestead news

rmsharpe

Apparently due to the "success" of the pay programs at Homestead, they will now be reducing all of the free member services to 8MB and offline use of the HomeBuilder will be restricted to paying members.

I wonder if you can still sign up for "unlimited" 8 mb accounts on Homestead, though? Last time I checked before they did this, they offered the user to use an "unlimited" number of 16 mb accounts.

I don't know. They're also saying that a free account will be limited to 3 pages. And they're talking about charging around $10 a month for 25 MB of space. For that money you can get straight up web hosting with a lot more space than that. Don't they check these things, or what?

Well, they charge $29.99 for their professional plan. With that, you don't get any server side stuff. (no CGI, PHP, etc.) On top of that, you have to use their drag n drop editor. Not worth it since you can get better service for $10 at other places.

Originally posted by WorldWarGeneral
Well, they charge $29.99 for their professional plan. With that, you don't get any server side stuff. (no CGI, PHP, etc.) On top of that, you have to use their drag n drop editor. Not worth it since you can get better service for $10 at other places.

You are completely right. Who would signup for this service ???

Well, you should know that Homestead is saying that they are minimizing their free service due to the success of their pay services...

It's both sad and sickening at the same time, haha.

Originally posted by martian

You are completely right. Who would signup for this service ???

The type of people who think AOL invented the internet. Some people think geocities and homestead are the only websites that offer free web space. Therefore, those people will over pay for something you could get for less :)

Originally posted by cowax

The type of people who think AOL invented the internet. Some people think geocities and homestead are the only websites that offer free web space. Therefore, those people will over pay for something you could get for less :)

Or the type of people that thought Al Gore invented the Internet... *shudder*

-rmsharpe

"My Classes' Right-wing Lunatic"
9th Grade Civics Teacher,
Green Party Member

Originally posted by rmsharpe

Or the type of people that thought Al Gore invented the Internet... *shudder*

-rmsharpe

Green Party Member[/i]

Not that I particularly care (I'm not even American), but he didn't say that. He said he played a part in advancing the use of the Internet in USA.

Can we lave politics out of this forum? Nader isn't too hot either, is he?

Back