• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Home Networking

Canuckkev

Doctor Hexagon
NLC
Okay, I will be getting a pretty old system soon, I think its got a 133 processor, 64 MB RAM, 4 Gig HD, not sure about what else it has. Anyways, it has Windows 95 on it right now. I want to upgrade it to 98 or 2000. Which do you think would be best for a system with such a slow processor? Also, I want to network it with this computer, so I can browse through the contents of each from the other, and share an internet connection (I have ADSL hooked up to this computer). Also, this computer has windows 2000 on it.

So, my questions are, what kind of hardware is needed for this? I think all I need is a DSL router, which costs about $100 +?

How would I set this up? And would having a different OS make things a lot more difficult?

You just need a cat5 wire, and a router is way under $100 go to www.tigerdirect.com and see. You also need to know how to set it up, I'm sure someone has a link. I would reccomend you put win98 on that computer, I don't like running 2000 on anything less than 128mb of ram.

Back