• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Highly disappointed

TSO

freezoka.ws
NLC
So yesterday's HP webOS announcements were tragically underwhelming and stupid for a Palm fanboi like myself. RIP WebOS.

I disagree.

You liked that crap? It ws like a bad joke, or a bad dream, or a really bad train wreck that you just can't help but watch as it takes place.

It starts with the Veer - a hopelessly too-small smartphone that is the next Microsoft Kin.

Then, we have the Pre3, an acceptable improvement over the Pre and phantom Pre2, but not great. A little bit bigger than previous Pre phones, but not as big as folks want today. Same crappy form factor with the keyboard that snaps off (I've owned something like 6 Pre phones on two different carriers, so I sadly have a lot of experience with the flawed form factor).

Finally, the TouchPad - outdated before it arrives in half a year's time, with no new (meaningful) apps and the only advantage over the iPad2 consisting of its ability to play Flash.

But my biggest beef is this?

WHERE ARE THE APPS?!?!?

Bloody ----ing disappointment. RIP WebOS.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the other fails of HP yesterday:

- no carriers signed yet
- no pricing announced
- 3G/4G tablet not available until at least next fall
- the real phone and the tablet not available until "the summer" (I'm told by several tech analysts that this means September, and companies like to use "the summer" when they know they can't hit 2nd qtr release)

I wish I could have signed up to watch it. But, they require you have a windows or mac system. :/ Unfortunately, I run on linux. :D

I thought the webOS tablet interface looked very slick. And it's dual core.

No apps? It's webos. The web is the apps.

I thought the webOS tablet interface looked very slick. And it's dual core.

No apps? It's webos. The web is the apps.

The interface is indeed very awesome. I used WebOS for about a year and it's my favorite mobile OS, even over iOS. However, with crappy hardware, it's pretty worthless. :(

I liked the look of the tablet, and it could be a viable competitor to the iPad 1 and/or to be released iPad 2.

I liked the look of the tablet, and it could be a viable competitor to the iPad 1 and/or to be released iPad 2.

But they just don't have any good apps. That's the other reason I left the platform. No streaming media (like Netflix or Hulu), nothing.

Back