• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

high alexa reputation - what are the benefits?

you can attract your advertiser by showing alexa ranking

Why would you do that, when you can just show them hard traffic data? Show them actual page views, unique visitors, etc. That is far more accurate than Alexa will ever be.

Google really likes the high traffic sites with low alexa. So you can expect a lot better SERP results if your site is high traffic.

Something is better then nothing so I always try to decrease my alexa rank :devious2:

- If your alexa rank is less then 100 then most of websites will link your site in their "top 100 alexa" website list :)

Theoretically it might not give you any benefit, but it can be measured as a tool for competition. If someone is comparing between two hosts, a popular or increasing trend of Alexa rank can possibly be a parameter of preference for the customers. Sometimes, I use the tool to understand how well my competitors are doing. So practically, it could be of various use depending on your need IMO

Theoretically it might not give you any benefit, but it can be measured as a tool for competition. If someone is comparing between two hosts, a popular or increasing trend of Alexa rank can possibly be a parameter of preference for the customers. Sometimes, I use the tool to understand how well my competitors are doing. So practically, it could be of various use depending on your need IMO

The problem with using it as a metric for comparison is (as I mentioned above) that the majority of that data comes from users with the Alexa Toolbar installed. Your site could be 20 x's more popular than mine, but if nobody with the toolbar installed visits your site, while 100% of the people visiting my site have the toolbar installed, guess what the ratings will show?

You shouldn't be using it to look at your competitors, nor should potential clients use it when choosing a host, because it really doesn't show anything.

I think that most people do not take Alexa too seriously, but it can be useful if you're selling advertising space.

A good or bad alexa rank doesn't mean you get a lot of traffic or very little traffic, it just means that users with the alexa toolbar visit your site a lot.

It probably helps your cause if you are looking to sell a website too as it does indicate sustained high traffic

It is widely recognized for public nature as it is most popular ranking system.

Though it has many controversy over the ranking with alexa toolbar. As such many deserved sites are also less visited and ranked behind. It is not trustful.

Kindly tell me that what are the benefits of high alexa reputation?
Share your suggestions and views with me.
Thank you.

It is basically the traffic data that you get. They have their own toolbar to track the amount of visitors that you are getting. They are pretty well known as Alexa traffic.

I think the importance of Alexa ranking has been taken out of proportion. Nowadays it keeps people who make Alexa ranking extensions/toolbars in a job. :lol:

As I said above, it does not measure one's website traffic, and certainly not correctly. It measures visitors who have the Alexa toolbar installed. You can have an extremely popular site but no visitors with the toolbar, and your Alexa ranking is going to be low.

As that might be correct, still many people are not aware of that. And for a novice computer user, Alexa is amongst the first, if not the first site that comes to mind for checking website statistics and comparing businesses before making a purchase decision. It might not affect your website directly, but you have to consider the customer viewpoints and improve in those areas in order to create a good online image.

For example John Smith is looking for hosting. He searches some directories but most of them work as affiliates for certain companies, so all that Mr Smith can gain from those are their names. Comparing those companies, even with simple tools like Alexa will sift out some of the companies and the decision-making process is simplified :fangel:

Back