• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hi I'm new & need help

moonshadow

:wave: Hello!
My name is NiNa 35 "single white female" LOL get it like the movie anyway, I know nothing about Web hosting or making my own web site. I know pretty sad huh... Seriously though, would someone please help me?

Thanks so much!
NiNa

Hi Nina,

I think the first thing you would want to think about is.

What is your misson for your site?

Once you have that defined that.Then comes the wonderful world of making your site. and getting it hosted.

I am not as good as lot of guys on this board. I mostly "tumbled" my way thru what i have accommplished up to this point of time.

Feel free to Pm me with any questions.

tumble

PS. I forgot to say. Whatever you make your site about. Be sure its a passion of yours.

Last edited:
Well, you've come to the right place although this may be the wrong forum.

Anyway, I assume you have some sort of content or theme in mind for your upcoming website and are looking for some pointers on how to turn the vision into reality.

There are a number of WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) html editors out there, but I can't personally recommend one because I don't use one (hardcore text editor user ;) ) but I can suggest looking at places like tucows for something that suits your needs.

http://www.tucows.com/Windows/DevelopmentWebAuthoring/VisualWYSIWYGEditors/?page=1&nfilter=freeware lists a number of freeware WYSIWYG editors.

Next you'll need to decide between free and paid hosting. I'll suggest free hosting for starters. If you decide it's not worth the effort, you won't be out any cash, and if you grow big and famous, you can always upgrade later. Your post here may result in a number of offers for hosting (including one from myself... depending on what your site is about) and there are various different types of free hosting, most common are ad supported (host places ads on your site) and post for hosts (you contribute to the hosts ad supported forum).

You will also need to determine whether you want to register your own domain name (as in www.yourdomain.com) or use a subdomain of your hosts site (yourname.theirname.com).

You will also need some way of placing your created web pages onto the web server. Tucows also lists several FTP clients

http://www.tucows.com/Windows/IS-IT...FileTransferProtocol/?page=1&nfilter=freeware

There is quite a bit more, but I'm not going to write a complete tutorial at this point, however I, and several others would be glad to answer any specific questions you might have.

Meanwhile, welcome to FWS!

Back