• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help!!

Remy Canad

Well, here the prob. A movie stores computer started messing up. I told them to back it up but they didnt. Well then they started getting an file not found error on every movie they searched for. Looked like the movie files were corupt. So I ram defrag and scandisk. No we can access some of them. But not all looks like we lost some. Could thoughs have been recovered? Can they still? And do they need to start all over :( or can they build opon the one now. I would move it to a new hd, incase thats the colprit. What do you all think?

Oh yeah my boss hehe thinks that we should of ran fdisk. He has no clue what fdisk is. Oh well.

Originally posted by Remy Canad
Well, here the prob. A movie stores computer started messing up. I told them to back it up but they didnt. Well then they started getting an file not found error on every movie they searched for. Looked like the movie files were corupt. So I ram defrag and scandisk. No we can access some of them. But not all looks like we lost some. Could thoughs have been recovered? Can they still? And do they need to start all over :( or can they build opon the one now. I would move it to a new hd, incase thats the colprit. What do you all think?

Oh yeah my boss hehe thinks that we should of ran fdisk. He has no clue what fdisk is. Oh well.

Well you ran scandisk, what did it report? Corrupted files or physical damage? Virus scan?

Is the problem occurring only for that particular piece of software?

don't make any changes with fdisk, otherwise you could delete a partition, and lose all the data..

Yeah, I think I convinced my boss that. (about fdisk) It is telling me that the files are corrupt. The computer is in dos and runs an old virus scan program, the computer never connects to the internet (it doesnt have a modem) and never had any disks put into it so a virus is very unlikly

dos huh? must be a really old computer. find a way to backup the data.. if it's an old hard drive, it could be dying.. save what you can.

Back