• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with phpBb

Lokannon

Okay, i know its sad.... i actually need help with phpBB... but im really annoyed.

Can anyone find a phpBB (NOT phpBB2) that is in zip format, so i can unzip it onto my computer... If im going about this the wrong way, please tell me!!! im soo, confused, and their stupi manual didnt help!

Thnx
Lok

Hmmm

It wouldnt let me open the .tar file with winzip... dunno why...

It would be nice if i coulf just use winzip, but i cant. If you kno how to, please tell me. thnx :D.

<: Lok :>

thanks everyone.

I couldn't even download the phpbb..... went to soundforge and getting the zip now :)

Now pray for me in my hour of need..... have to figure out how to install it over at tripod.uk

Originally posted by Whisper2Me

Now pray for me in my hour of need..... have to figure out how to install it over at tripod.uk
It's not possible. They don't offer php or mysql.

Help with install....

I am currently TRYING to install phpBB. I ran the install.php script and came up with this error:

Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/liquiphy.hostingextreme.com/httpdocs/phpBB2/install.php on line 758

Then, i checked the install.php script. this is the line(s) with the prooblem:

PHP:
if( preg_match("/^(3\.23)|(4\.)/", $version) )
					{
						$sql = "ALTER TABLE " . $table_prefix . "sessions 
							TYPE=HEAP";
						$db->sql_query($sql))
					}
				}
			}

line 758 is the line that says: $db->sql_query($sql))

Can anyone help me?? Im a very confused PHP newb....

<: Lokannon :>

Change
Code:
$db->sql_query($sql))
to
Code:
$db->sql_query($sql);

I thought they fixed that in RC-3 though.

well phrozen,,,,,,, coulda swore that's what the .uk was for....lol.... anyway, enuff of that.

you have actually provided me with tons of valuable info while i've been lurking here, so thanks heaps for that :)

now i'm just trying to figure out the phpbb admin stuff..... will you hear me if i scream for help?:confused:

Back