• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with Name.com

yashved

While registering a domain with name.com, I am getting a form that says: "Default Account Contact Information
Please fill in the fields below and click "continue"

For each registration you are legally required to supply contact information for 4 different contact types: Registrant (owner), Administrator, Technical and Billing."

Is providing contact info required by all registrars and what are these four contact types for? Please shed light on this topic.... :S :)

Yes,
all registrars require that you fill in this info. It's legally binding.

You would just put your info for all of them. Generally when you do it for one, it gives you the option to use that same information for the rest of them so you don't have to type it out all over again.

Yep required, you MUST fill it in. You can just copy/paste the details for all 4, as StuffRadio says it is a legal requirement, and it's all needed if the domain is to be moved/deleted/sold/whatever.

If you don't want the public to see your information, you can use the privacy protect feature that name.com provides free of charge to hide the information from the public. Name.com will still have your information, since they are required to as an ICANN registrar.

It serves others, why should you be so protective about what you want to make public?

If you slander others, make threats, defame, offer to kill....

You have a site (by domain name) that is public, the public need protection too. Who knows what you will do with it!?

P.S. I don't like the privacy option on domains either - stinks of bad things..

Not to make a new topic regarding the same registrar I'll post here.

I bought a domain and chose to enable the privacy protect thing,but when I did a whois my data came up.( 'Private Whois for mydomain.tld is currently enabled.')

I am also unable to park the domain because cpanel doesn't see it having the correct ns,tho I've set them.

Must I wait 24 hours or something?

But is it safe to disclose such info....
I mean after all, what kind of purpose does it serve??

It's the law. Just like how when you get a house you have to give them your name...... (a domain is like an internet house)

fl4yar said:
I am also unable to park the domain because cpanel doesn't see it having the correct ns,tho I've set them.

Must I wait 24 hours or something?
Wait 24 hours, if it still doesn't work contact the host.

Back