• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

help with CGI on f2s.com

libertine08

Hi,

Does anyone know if f2s supports CGI scripts? I recall it being listed as supporting this, and their main page reads that they do... Although I can't seem to figure out how to run scripts on the server.. Do I need to create my own cgi folder and set permissions or where is perl located on their server? ANY help would be greatly appreciated =/ Thanks...

You do not need a cgi-bin folder to run F2S CGI scripts. The location of Perl at F2S is /usr/bin/perl. And do not chmod the scripts at all. F2S does the association server-side.

Hi

I use f2s.com and all works perfect, but my yabb board and my UGB.cgi alway show 127.0.0.1 as ip.

Would anyone possible be so kind as to give me a hint or support

THX
BIGBENSCH

Originally posted by Aaron
Here's a link...

http://www.f2s.com/support/faq/faq.php?category=Perl CGI Scripts

That should answer all questions.

It might just be the server you're on meow. Maybe they all don't have the auto-association.
Thanks. That must be new (relatively). The warnings that chmoding could be dangerous made me go to the users forums. Found a lot about it. Seems like it's still OK to chmode yourself so why do they have that in their FAQ? F2s sometimes do the oddest things...

Last edited:
Originally posted by bigperm
Maybe... if we had some kind of notion as to what you want to know.
Read his post - his board logs the same IP all the time. :classic2:

Originally posted by BigBensch
Hi

I use f2s.com and all works perfect, but my yabb board and my UGB.cgi alway show 127.0.0.1 as ip.

Would anyone possible be so kind as to give me a hint or support

THX
BIGBENSCH

Its in the YaBB FAQ, inside the zip file... it tells you what you have to change for using YaBB on f2s. :)

Thank you very much but still one Problem
This is just a problem with some odd hosts that don't use standard cgi environment variables (i.e. things like $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR '}). You can go into YaBB.pl and Post.pl and change this variable to whatever you server uses. An example is F2S, which uses HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR for IP addresses.
How do i do this??

plz help me

This is just a problem with some odd hosts that don't use standard cgi environment variables (i.e. things like $ENV{'REMOTE_ADDR '}). You can go into YaBB.pl and Post.pl and change this variable to whatever you server uses. An example is F2S, which uses HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR for IP addresses.

Well, go into notepad and open YaBB.pl (or .cgi) and go to search > Find... Type 'REMOTE_ADDR' and for every result replace 'REMOTE_ADDR' with 'HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'.

Do exactly the same for Post.pl, save and upload the files... it should now work ;)

HELP

Pleas help me Again, the log files still show 127.0.0.1 as ip.

PLEASE say me exactly what i have to change in YaBB.cgi(pl)

Back