• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help with a site set-up

cococomics

Hello everyone! I have a sizable request to make for some help. I am looking to start a website where people can purchase photographs I have made.
I would like to have it so that people can create an account, and be able to log in from the front page with a simple username and password input and a login button, all in a little row. This way they could log in, look at photos, and purchase if they wish, using paypal. When a user would go onto an image purchase page, there would be the sample image on the left, and to the right would be some information like so:

[image ID#]
[PRICE]
[here i would like a field for input of paypal id]
[here i would like a field for input of amount to pay, or currency]
[Purchase button, to pay and send an email to me letting me know about the purchase]

If anyone could help me do this, I would REALLY appreciate it. Maybe I could pay a little money if really necessary. Thanks to anyone who helps!

I am running out of time these days, so if you want to pay me I can do this. PM me and/or post here if you want me to do it. PM me if you want my MSN.

Thanks

Is there a way anyone could teach me how to do it, so that next time I would know? I can tell anyone my AIM if they PM me. Stuffradio, I might get you to do it, depending on how much money you want.

This requires quite a lot of PHP knowledge. Perl or CGI could also do it for you. What language are you looking to do it in?

Do you have access to a MySQL database? Having that as a backend would be the best option.

Last edited:
Yes I have access to MySQL databases. I don't really know what language would be best. Maybe CGI? Whichever one you're willing to teach me would be awesome!

I have the time right now to teach you some PHP. CGI and Perl are great languages, but take a bit to learn. Not sure how long I will have, but I'll get on AIM and try to teach you some basics.

Wouldn't some sort of OSCommerce combined with one of the Galleries (both found in Fantastico) be an easy install? Then you're just customizing.

That's true. I am not a big fan of using open-source scripts though. The code tends to be messy and I just don't like it. OSCommerce is particualarly hard to edit because there are SO MANY files.

I suppose. Tree I'm about to send you an IM. Thanks for helping everyone. I'm sure if I wasn't able to set all this up, I could get through editting a ton of files with those scripts you mentioned

Back