• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HELP! Where do I put my info with DZ.com?

10Mbits

I want to use portland to my free domain from dz...The problem is that i dont know wehere to put the info in:
Prime Name Server
7a. Primary Server Hostname.........: ns0.portland.co.uk
7b. Primary Server Netaddress.......: 212.15.64.83 where do this go?
Secondary Name Server(s)
8a. Secondary Server Hostname.......: ns1.portland.co.uk
8b. Secondary Server Netaddress.....: 212.15.64.25 Where do this go?

Please help............

Sometimes you don't have to enter the IP addresses (they are picked up automatically). Not sure if this is what you mean?

portland.co.uk

i dun know what to do in dz.com (ive got no experience on it). but i actually tried to host my domain at portland, and i dunt know what exactly, but there was something wrong, and i couldn point my domain to portland.

after all, i just have heard on this forum that it isnt a very reliable server -i posted a thread about port5, one of portland servers. if u want to, i can tell you other alternatives to portland, other advanced free web providers with no obligatory ads, you choose :)

post a reply if u want alternatives, see j00

[Edited by bored on 11-23-2000 at 07:51 PM]

i've used portland, and absolutely don't get them if you plan on having any traffic on your site. they are pretty good except for a 100 MB PER MONTH BANDWIDTH LIMIT. that's not very much.

and by the way, list those good alternatives you have. and is freewebspace.net ever going to be updated? I suppose YOU can't answer that, but that's on my mind right now.

The DNS

You can use the
ns0.portland.co.uk as your Primary Server Hostname and
ns1.portland.co.uk as your Secondary Server Hostname

when you log in into your Domain Zero Account and click the Change/Modify DNS. Then after a few day, I not sure how long, but based on my experience with Portland, it take around 2 days and you can check your URL. If your URL is appeared when you search, this means that you can upload your file now.
I hope this will help.

Originally posted by newmodel
i've used portland, and absolutely don't get them if you plan on having any traffic on your site. they are pretty good except for a 100 MB PER MONTH BANDWIDTH LIMIT. that's not very much.

It's enough for a small business site that's probably not going to get a lot of hits at first. THat's what I use them for. Having a hosted domain and no ads looks a lot more professional. :)

Back