• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help: User and GDI resources

harrylmh

Is there any way at all to increase a computers user and GDI resources? My com got 384mb of RDRAM but even that doesn't help the com from running into extremely low user and GDI problems. System optimizers don't seem to help much.

When either one of them(or sometimes both) goes very low, explorer type windows(like windows explorer and IE), loses their ability to fully display information or a webpage. Continued usage would causes the windows to... be unresponsive.

Anyone have the same problems?

Your help would be appreciated. Thanks.

YES! I have that problem if I have too many windows open, then the will not respond or if on the internet all the text will jumble and mix and stick to my desktop when i close the window. at startup my computers resources are 47% free. to free it up, if youre running window$, get as much shi¤ out of the system tray as you can or if youre really desperate ctrl alt del and end task to anything that you arent useing, or is unimportant. Dont end task on enything important-- its no fun!

IT may be unprofessional but i hope it helps

Oh, it's comforting to know that I'm not alone in this. Yes, that's exactly what happens when I open a lot of IE windows cos sometimes I just can't stand waiting for a page to load - duh!

The same problem comes when I open programs like Fireworks, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and IE together.

I also tried closing as many windows and programs to help the com, but it seems like once those user and gdi goes low, they don't go up no matter what unless you reboot.

Thanks.

Just get Windows 2000, it runs many Windows 9x programs and there are no resources to worry about, just RAM. I'm using Windows 2000 and loving every bit of it! No crashes!

Yes, I tried Windows NT before and I find that it's stable and virtually doesn't crashes. Haven't tried Win2000 though. But I never knew that you don't have to worry about those resources with MS server OSs.

Oh well, thanks for talking.

Back