• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HELP! The best and cheap host

waloxspace

hi,
i need a good host that is pritty cheap, only max about $75 a year. it needs to include registration (.com etc), dosn't need to have that much space, ressonable bandwith and ftp.

Thanks alot :)

Hello,

Can you be more precise with the amount of storage and bandwidth you need? also i recommend registering the domain name seperately, most hosts take control of your domain name whois and so on, and if you want to leave their service they will not let the domain go.

Also if you register the domain seperately it would turn out to be cheaper, i recommend www.powerpipe.com for domains - $8.88/year.

Regards,
Invisionz

I wouldn't say most hosts do that nowadays. Most should be aware that it's pointless.

I personally think we have moved on from that old argument now. At least 80% of our clients have brought their domains to us now, either initially or around their first annual renewal, for ease of management.

I don't know of any systems where the registrant can't get hold of the domain name via the registrar now (assuming the registered it via a reseller).

Cheers

Gary

Hello,

Your right Gary, i should re word "most" to "some", i've just seen alot of these cases on WHT.

Regards,
Invisionz

Try IonHosting.com. I currently use them and I am very satisfied. Need to say though:

1) They are new in paid hosting (allthough they have been hosting their own music network with several sites last couple of years)
2) Their plans are for a limited time, I assume they will raise prices next month

Untill now I always got support within 24 hours (in most cases after a couple of hours) and speed of the server is quite fast.

Back