• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help PLEASE

Wait...okay no readme file. But it says right there on the page how to install it.

Upload EasyHost

Extract the 3 files in easyhost_free.zip on to your computer.

Upload them using FTP in ASCII mode to your CGI-BIN directory or any directory that allows CGI execution.

If you are hosted on a Unix server, CHMOD the files with the following settings:
# 755 easyhost.cgi
# 777 easyhost.conf
# 644 easyhost.setup

All you do is unzip with file then upload it in cgi-bin. After that, CHMOD it to what it says.

Right. that exactly what i did

If its that easy that don't u try install it on ur server and letme know long it took u to install it.

It took me 10 minutes as well. At first I didn't have the DBD::MySQL mod for perl, so I went ahead and installed it. Then the script (easyhost.cgi) downloaded the files for me and I was up and running. I installed it on my test server here at my house running FreeBSD, so I have root access to install the DBD::MySQL.

Very easy to do!

The problem you may have is that you cant use CGI or didn't put it somewhere where you can execute CGI scripting.
Does this script need root? Because zero probably doesn't have root (just a guess, dont flame me if I'm wrong please).

make sure you have correct cgi permissions set and also
if the required modules of perl have been installed

if you get 500 internal server error, try to see the error logs they are your friends :):)

News

i just found out that my I have a shared server which does support DBD::MySQL mod for perl .

Do u guys know any script just like easyhost, that does not require i just found out that my I have a shared server which does support DBD::MySQL mod for perl .

thanks

Back