• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

help needed with php script

alley

Social Nutwork
NLC
Ok, I need help with my installation of AMFR CMS
http://cms.amfr.org

I can't seem to get it to work properly? When I edit a page's content and save, it doesn't change the pages content on the page, but rather displays the index.php files content.

Take a look at my installation, and you will see what I mean.
http://www.alley.z42.us/amfr

Notice that when you click on the links to page 2 (cheats) and page 3 (characters) it doesn't change the content. It is not calling the needed text files for some reason?

I gave everything proper permissions, and I believe I uploaded everything that was included unless it didn't unzipp right?

Can somebody please install this script and see if they can get it working? ...it's only like 30 files. I really want to get this script working if I can as I need it bad. It would be perfect for what I need. Thanks

Here is the download link:
http://cms.amfr.org/amfrcms.zip

what permissions needed to be set? if it is a cms, wouldnt all the info you are having displayed be stored on the MySQL database? if there is a folder that maybe you are uploading things to, then make sure that folder is set to 777 in the CHMOD. i will take a look at the install files in a bit, and let you know if i fing something off in it.

Thanks guys, I would really appreciate if you could find out what is wrong with this script, because it is exactly what I need.

It uses no mysql database, it stores the pages info in text files.

stuffradio said:
eh? What the heck is a text database? :s

I bet there's another CMS out there that will have what you need. But for diagnosing, put this code at the top of functions.php, or the equivalent.

PHP:
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);

There is no functions.php file included Tree.

Tree said:
I bet there's another CMS out there that will have what you need. But for diagnosing, put this code at the top of functions.php, or the equivalent.

PHP:
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);

Then stick it at the top of every file, I don't care. It won't mess anything up once you take it off.

here is the code to the template file (page.php) I think that maybe this is where the error might be?

Code:
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE><?php include('title1.txt'); ?></TITLE>
<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
a{color: green}
a:hover{text-decoration: none}
table{border: 1px solid black}
</STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#00CC00" LINK="green" ALINK="green" VLINK="green">
<CENTER>
<TABLE BORDER=1>
<TR>
<TD COLSPAN=2 WIDTH="500" VALIGN=top><CENTER><FONT FACE="verdana"><H2><?php include('title1.txt'); ?></FONT>
</CENTER>
</TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD WIDTH="150" HEIGHT="500" VALIGN=top><CENTER><FONT FACE="verdana"><H3>Links:</H3><BR>
<A HREF="index.php">Homepage</A><BR><BR>
<A HREF="page.php?page=2"><?php include('title2.txt'); ?></A><BR><BR>
<A HREF="page.php?page=3"><?php include('title3.txt'); ?></A><BR><BR>
<A HREF="page.php?page=4"><?php include('title4.txt'); ?></A><BR><BR>
<A HREF="page.php?page=5"><?php include('title5.txt'); ?></A><BR><BR>
<A HREF="forum/index.php">Forum</A><BR><BR>
</FONT>
</CENTER>
</TD>
<TD WIDTH="450" VALIGN=top><CENTER><FONT FACE="verdana"><H3>Homepage</H3><BR>
<?php include('con1.txt'); ?>
</FONT>