• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help Me (MySql)

Gayowulf

G-d
NLC
I'm at the point where something needs to be lit on fire.

I cannot connect to any MySql database via the web with PHP, though internally everything works fine.

phpinfo tells me the client version is 3.23.55 even though 4 is installed.

bad compile?

If you've any knowledge at all in this area please PM me or reply here.

Does your server have some kind of control panel installed ?

Its always recommended to install PHP through RPM's rather than compiling it, as rpms can be easily installed and removed.

It should be a mySQL issue, the libraries/sockets must be still existing, although you have upgraded.

Use the mySQL rpm and install it, if it doesnt works, then check EV1 (rackshack) forums, some rpms are posted by 'gpan' ( a member there), get them and install them, they really work very good with all redhat version.

1. Make sure you are running Mysql d-nt
2. Make sure that you selected database, connected with correct username/password
3. If none of the these two works, try adding or die(mysql_error()); at the end of the query, that would show whats wrong

Good luck :biggrin2:

Make sure you are running Mysql d-nt
Won't work for mysql installed in FreeBSD :)

I assume you install mysql in /usr/local/mysql and your temporary folder is /tmp.
1.check /usr/local/mysql/info/mysql.info to find current mysql installed.
if it's 3.2.55 but mysql 4 is also installed (means there was uncomplete previous installation), i suggest you to clean and reinstall the package (uninstall it from source directory (shell>>make clean) and delete /usr/local/mysql (for complete uninstall).
don't forget to backup your database first.
2.check /tmp and delete mysql sock if exists.
3.when reinstalling the package, try this configuration:
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --enable-assembler --with-mysqld-ldflags=-all-static

the rest should be normal. (i assume mysql source is not corrupt).

Back