• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Help choosing host

Rox54

Hi, please help me choose host. I'm thinking of Brinkster or Bravenet. I've heard pretty good things about Brinkster but I haven't really heard much about Bravenet. I know Bravenet has good guestbooks but that's as much as I know about them lol.

I'm going to be uploading a lot of files (pics, animations, music etc.) so I need pretty good space at least 20MB and I don't want my site to be shut down all the time like they do at Yahoo. I have a site with Yahoo and they get on my nerves a lot and that site doesn't generate a lot of traffic anyway.

Also there's something called Host Operation (www.hostop.com) are they good?

Out of those 3 I mentioned which one is the best? I can put up with pop ads as long as they're not constant and a zillion of them like on Angelfire.

Thanks a lot

I would go with Brinkster because they are reliable.

Bravenet, i believe and correct me if I'm wrong, is a 0-Catch co-brand, which has a 20 MB daily bandwidth limit.

Yes Bravenet is a 0catch cobrand.
Brinkster is very slow and has 16.5mb daily bandwith limit.

Originally posted by Resshin
20 MB daily bandwidth limit.

most people don't go past that... hell.. i don't, although i don't have pirated stuff on my website :devious2:

Brinkster -- I definitely recommend them. They are the most reliable of the three hosts you mentioned -- plus, they offer ad-free hosting. :)

Thanks guys, I think I'm gonna go with Brinkster. I signed up with Bravenet and I already don't like it lol. They don't allow picture galleries and I use those on my sites a lot. So I think I'm outta there. Brinkster looks much better. I haven't had time to really explore it yet but I hope it'll be good.

Originally posted by Faraz
Yes Bravenet is a 0catch cobrand.
Brinkster is very slow and has 16.5mb daily bandwith limit.

Brinkster is not slow. Just go to my nine hole golf card game and you'll see how fast they are.

Originally posted by Cracker
Brinkster is not slow. Just go to my nine hole golf card game and you'll see how fast they are.

They are slow over here -- they are so slow that they don't work. :p

The Chinese government has this habit of unblocking and blocking free hosts (namely, Angelfire and Brinkster) every few months.

Back