• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hello Again... Thinking of Starting a New Sounds Website

Cracker

-
NLC
Wow, I'm surprised my username still works here. As some of you may remember, I used to run a website known as Cyberryan's South Park Sounds Haven ( http://web.archive.org/web/20050213151313/http://sounds.lambtron.com/ ). I had that site for about 3 1/3 years before I abandoned it (because times change, running the site just wasn't fun anymore, and I just didn't feel like webmastering anymore, and I thought I never would again).

Enough of the past. Moving on to the second part of the subject title, I'm thinking of making a new sounds related page, this time of various movies I enjoy (mainly comedies), starting with ones I own and ones I can view in full on youtube.com (some users have uploaded whole movies for viewing there, even though they usually end up deleted eventually). I know there's already hundreds of movie sounds sites out there, but a lot of them recycle the same sounds, and I really don't care about being better than anyone as I'm only thinking of recapturing the joy of picking out the best sounds (in my own opinion) from movies I enjoy (which sounds crazy, and once again this site may or may not happen).

If I do go through with another sounds site, I'm going to do it right this time around. As part of this, I will try NOT to use a free website host, as I have grown up some in the past three and a half years. That was the #1 criticism from many in the SP community until my site was fortunate enough to get picked up by the now-defunct Smiley Town (lambtron.com), as I was too stingy to pay for hosting even though my old site probably had enough visitors and purpose to necessitate pay hosting. If I do use a FWH, it will be very temporary until visitors start complaining.

I've seen plenty of very cheap paid hosting that offer "practically unlimited" webspace and bandwidth (ie, they offer huge limits I doubt I'll ever reach, especially since I'll use MPEG wav's just like I did on my old site after a year, so no file will probably be bigger than 150 kb -- I may have grown up but I'm still thrifty), so if I can pay for good sound recording, I can pay for webspace. However, I'm beginning to think that cheap pay hosting is becoming the new free hosting in the sense that you cannot trust some of them, so I'm still skeptical about trying to start a new website.

Whatever happens, it was nice to come back here for nostalgic purposes. Ciao

Last edited:
Sounds very interesting I must admit, I'd be happy to help you out with hosting if you ever need it.

Good luck.

Cracker? Holy cow, I remember your South Park website, very cool stuff back when.

I would be happy to host your website for you if the need be, just let me know what you need and I can see what I can do, cost free.

Back