• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Heh...

Mandrake

NLC
NLC
Someone gave me an old system with a Cyrix 166mhz processor in it the other day. So I decided to setup Linux on it to play around with and learn so I would feel confident putting it on my new system that I plan to purchase early next year. Down at the store this morning I see one for sale called "Linux-Mandrake Operating System"!

Just had to get it! :)

All this time I thought you'd made your nickname from the popular distrubution of linux. Oh well, that proves I am just a stupid cow :)

Originally posted by }:8) Supermoo
All this time I thought you'd made your nickname from the popular distrubution of linux. Oh well, that proves I am just a stupid cow :)

Nope... Mandrake is a plant that has a "myth" around it... Supposedly it would grow under the feet of a hanged man and if you tried to uproot it, it would make a scream loud enough to cause human deafness. Also supposedly had some aphrodesiac value.

I got it from an episode of The Avengers... Never heard of the OS until today. :)

Maybe they named the linux distrubution after it;

Originally posted by Mandrake
and if you tried to uproot it, it would make a scream loud enough to cause human deafness.

Roughly translates into:
If you try and un-install it, it will destroy your files with one deafning wipe. Maybe a relation? ;)

Legal: Just joking, the Mandrake distrubution is actually a fine distrubution of linux. And I am making these aligations as a joke, with no real proof af any sort. Laugh you legal scumbags ;)

Back