• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Has anyone used Fortunecity UK?

Cracker

-
NLC
In an attempt to find the fastest free webspace provider for my site, I have come across Fortunecity UK, and they do, indeed, offer 100 mb free webspace, and they are much faster than Fateback and T35, and they're slightly faster than the host I'm on now, when they're actually as fast as they usually are (which they aren't now, for some weird reason, they have timeout problems periodically). However, they do claim to offer only 25 mb webspace and 512 mb monthly data transfer. If they do limit their data transfer, then I'm not going to point cyberryan.ipfox.com to them, because with my site being 44.3 mb large, that's too big of a risk; I'd rather stay with the server speed fluctuating host I'm on now. Anyway, has anyone used Fortunecity UK, and if you do, do they actually go about enforcing the 512 mb monthly data transfer limit (because I have yet to see a Fortunecity member site with a "bandwidth exceeded" error message)?

fc is not worth trying it :/
a friend of mine had 12 mb's upped (legal html/jpg), and fc kicked his account after 300 pages visits.
pz

hehe, i used it, but after 50 page visits i got kicked from it cause they said i had exceeded my bandwith. Strange cause the one HTML file on there was 1 k in size, which is really small.

Man, Fortunecity UK just sounds awful! I knew their fast download speeds as compared to other FWP's was suspicious!

Back