• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Has anyone tried IStacia (http://www.istacia.com)?

It isn't all bull****

I am now one of Istacias oldest members and I'm staff they are honestly really good and do what they say. They are currently getting all helpdesks up online so there is disruption at current but it'll be sorted in about a week or two. the service Istacia offers really is good and what it says

A staff member who suddenly appears here and comments on his own service...oh, the irony.

lol

No that is my honest opinion, at current I beleive Istacia is having teething troubles but I'm sure they'll be sorted out soon. I'm currently not doing anything major for istacia so I suppose I'm just a user. I only became a member of staff a week ago when i was interested in helping out. :p

So how on earth can they afford these such low prices, even more GB for your money now in the new price list?

Ok, what I'll do is next year, I'll give them a try for 3 months and if I don't have any problems fair enough.

Last edited:
I have no idea how they can afford the prices but they seem to be managing, they've just been having a bad time with powercuts while they were setting up the servers. I can get back to you when Istacia seems more stable

As a staff member, you don't have much confidence in them :bandit2:
Originally posted by pantherd90
In the mean time does anyone know of any other hosts which do roughly the same as Istacia and are around/a bit more than the cost

I do have confidence in them, but its not a crime to be honest. want to see other hosting providers. see what they offer and I don't have to stick with one hosting provider. I was actually asking for a friend.

Istacia is fishy

I just signed up with them last night. I was amazed at the prices. But after signing up, I was kinda left in the dust. I put in all my billing information. I get a reciept in my email but no information about FTP or Control Panel login.

Now today, I check back on the website, and its gone. WTF? :confused:

Actually I am going to go with interland.com now. They are a reliable good host. I know exactly where they are located and I also have clients who recommend it.

~CrazyPill

Last edited:
I signed up with towerhost since my message. pingtime 3times faster, response of any questions per email-instant, config via cpanel5 - superb. i hope they can maintain this standard

thomas

Re: Istacia is fishy

Bah, that's a lie. Istacia is still available and up. Sign up to just post this message? hmm that's fishy. I suppose it must be from one of those hosts :rolleyes: (that use fake name to degrade other provider)

Originally posted by CrazyPill
I just signed up with them last night. I was amazed at the prices. But after signing up, I was kinda left in the dust. I put in all my billing information. I get a reciept in my email but no information about FTP or Control Panel login.

Now today, I check back on the website, and its gone. WTF? :confused:

Actually I am going to go with interland.com now. They are a reliable good host. I know exactly where they are located and I also have clients who recommend it.

~CrazyPill

It WAS down, as it has been off and on for a couple of weeks :angry2: And he added "Actually I am going to go with interland.com now. They are a reliable good host. I know exactly where they are located and I also have clients who recommend it." 25 minutes after his original post.

well it is up now, I dont know about the past. anyway, signing up to just post 1 message of that kind does sound a little bit fishy. Only those kind of people do that, and you know what I mean ;) I mean c'mon after days only 1 post ? use your imagination milady moderator :)

After feeling like I was ripped by istacia, I went to google and typed their name to see if any information about them comes up. That is what brought me here. I don't know why your reading in to my post so much Techxon. I was upset about losing 15 bucks with istacia and seeing as other people has had some bad experience with them as well, I thought I should also put in my two cents.

in that case i take back what I said :eek: , there has been rumor about this board that hosts create fake users to promote or bring down other hosts :) actually this was brought up alot on other boards in which should remain anon :D

Originally posted by Techxon
there has been rumor about this board that hosts create fake users to promote or bring down other hosts :)
And we are quite aware of it, thank you :) After a while you can pick 'em ;)

Back