• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Happy Independance Day

Bruce

NLC
As the title states, it's now July 4th, 12:05 AM to be exact, and I'm up so I figured I'd start this now. So what's everyone gonna be doing to celebrate this year?

Now that I think about it, Americans seem to be a minority on this board. Ah well...

The same as I do every other year on the 4th: absolutely nothing. It's just another day, only now my TV schedule's interrupted.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
What's Independence Day? :normal2:
The day America declared its Independence from King George of Great Britain with the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776.

Originally posted by Canuckkev
Yes...so, was that the day the United States of America became a nation? ;)
That's a yes and no.
Yes, the United States of America came into being on the 4th of July 1776.
But the United States acted more like 13 different countries until 1789 when the federal government was established and George Washington was elected as the first president.

[add]
oh yeah...i forgot to mention y i say yes and no
America became a country in 1776, but the current US government was founded in 1789.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Bruce
:(

Why do fireworks have to be illegal here? Why???

:cry2: Same here, but we don't need to have any more wildfires here in Colorado.

:rolleyes: Even though I'm not near the mountains :rolleyes:

fireworks are sumwhat illeagl here, u cant buy them in michigan but i just get them from my dad's friend in indiana :D

Originally posted by Bruce
As the title states, it's now July 4th, 12:05 AM to be exact, and I'm up so I figured I'd start this now. So what's everyone gonna be doing to celebrate this year?

Now that I think about it, Americans seem to be a minority on this board. Ah well...

I do fireworks... I'm a part-time professional pyrotechnician. :cool2:

Well, last July 4th, my friends and I got really high and went to downtown Greensboro and walked around laughing and pointing at things.

I think, since my parents are out of town until sunday, I am going to get really drunk here at the house. Maybe watch the Stoneville fireworks.

Back