• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Half-Life 2 gone gold

Fuzzylogic

LOS ANGELES (October 18, 2004) Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced that Half-Life® 2, the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed PC titles in gaming history, will ship to retail outlets around the world in November. The Company confirmed that Half-Life 2, developed by Valve Software, has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004. The countdown to the highly anticipated retail street date has begun around the world, as VU Games completes plans to ship localized versions of Half-Life 2 simultaneously in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese.

“Half-Life 2 has surpassed our expectations in every sense – its high-quality graphics, ground-breaking physics and immersive first-person shooter gameplay set a new standard for PC action games,” said Bruce Hack, CEO of VU Games. “Half-Life 2 will go down as one of the best-selling PC titles, and we are thrilled to deliver this ground-breaking title to the worldwide gaming community this fall.”

from www.planethalflife.com

hooray!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:
Finally the day has come, its only a few days after my exams have finished so i now know what i'll be doing for the next three months lol.
Now Excuse me while i run up and down the room...
[/running around] WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP!!!
*faints from lack of oxygen

It's only 6-8 years late. Hurray.

In related news, Nirvana box set "With The Lights Out" containing a lot of previously unreleased goodies is also coming out in November. It's related news because it has been in the making and has been driving Nirvana fans nuts for about 6-8 years too.

Conscript said:
It's only 6-8 years late. Hurray.

In related news, Nirvana box set "With The Lights Out" containing a lot of previously unreleased goodies is also coming out in November. It's related news because it has been in the making and has been driving Nirvana fans nuts for about 6-8 years too.
It's not related at all, guy.

Sure it is, the common link is both sets of people have been waiting as long for these products to come out and they seem to be coming out now during the same month. Amazing.

Yay for gold, only a year late.
I suspect a Doom3 deja-vu

@Fuzzy One FPS game giving months of entertainment?

hmmm depends upon how much you spend infront of the computer and if you have a life outside that. i have to be honest and say that i haven't even finished opposing forces as yet so half life 2 is going to be a considerable amount of time to complete for me. Though one game that would give three months of entertaiment and isn't a FPS is Morrowind another game i tend to get will into these uni holidays. :knockedou

Morrowind is one of the games I have played for the longest (about a year.) :) I always take a break and come back to it because there are so many ways to play it and so many things to discover.

HL2 has taken way too long... It's probably going to be fun for a week or so but that is about it.

Back