• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

HAAAALP!! New free redirection needed!

liquidbabe

Okay, here's the sitch:

I need a free URL redirection service. However, I need one that will allow me to transfer my existing domains to a new URL, not a service that will shorten my URL to a shorter one.

Now I know what you're thinking: "Well, DUH, why don't you just add a redirecting script to all of your domains?" Ahhh, if only life were so easy! Y'see, what happened was that I just moved my site to Tripod UK and had my previous sites link to it. Well, today-- guess what-- I found out that Tripod UK will be down until the 30th! The good news is that I have a mirror site. The bad news is that because I can't access my Tripod UK site, there is no way I can add a redirecting script to it. So right now, I'm S.O.L.

If anyone could help, that would be appreciated. And yes, I could have avoided this problem had I registered a domain to begin with!! Let my sad and tragic story be a lesson to you all! :crysad:

Originally posted by conkermaniac
Look at the other twenty posts on this forum about redirection URLs, and pick one.

If you have nothing fruitful to do in forum than to be sarcastic, then don't post.

Last edited:
Well, as it seems your web site is using a Tripod URL and you're not actually using your own domain, I'm afraid you really are SOL. Tripod owns that domain name, and unless you can cut a deal with them to redirect your existing URL to another site, you can't really do anything with that URL.

Originally posted by robin
Well, as it seems your web site is using a Tripod URL and you're not actually using your own domain, I'm afraid you really are SOL. Tripod owns that domain name, and unless you can cut a deal with them to redirect your existing URL to another site, you can't really do anything with that URL.

Thanks. I guess that's what I get for using a free host. :rolleyes:

One big free hosting rule: NEVER use the URL they give you as your site's main URL. Always use a free redirection service as well.

Back