• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Greymatter On a Free Host

RoxiePeroxide

I have an free web host account with Tripod, which despite what people say is actually a very decent free host. It has a CGI-BIN which is very important to me because I intend to run Greymatter on my site. I had absolutely no problems with the uploading in ASCII and the CHMODing and all but now Tripod seems to have something wrong with a Perl module on it's server and my scripts won't run. Does anyone know if it's even possible to run the Greymatter CGI scripts on a free account with CGI access but not a personal CGI-BIN? Several other free servers offer CGI access but not a CGI-BIN, so what I'm saying is would I be able to create a regular directory and then install Greymatter there or should I find a different host with a CGI-BIN?

I had absolutely no problems with the uploading in ASCII and the CHMODing
That's strange... you don't have to chmod on NT servers, therefore tripod. You wouldn't have even been able to do it. Tripod cgi is wrapped like the baby jesus... you can't get a script through.

Back